Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

charlon heston greatest show on earth fedora

coble

A-List Customer
during lunch today i watched the greatest show on earth movie with charlton heston. I was wondering if anyone here has a similar or exact style of fedora that he wears in the movie?

GreatestShowOnEarth1.jpg

GreatestShowOnEarth3.jpg

i really love this hat, huge possibility of going on my list of hats i'd like to get made.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
during lunch today i watched the greatest show on earth movie with charlton heston. I was wondering if anyone here has a similar or exact style of fedora that he wears in the movie?

GreatestShowOnEarth1.jpg

GreatestShowOnEarth3.jpg

i really love this hat, huge possibility of going on my list of hats i'd like to get made.

The color, crown hght., and brim width look almost identical to the Sydney from Akubra. His looks to have a wider ribbon but you could change that out easily. Check out DM's site and look at it, it's open crown so you could do the crease yourself. :)

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=92

Onward thru the Fog:)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I was a kid and saw those movies, all men's hats looked alike to me. Now that I see your picture, my eyes glaze over and Heston's hat looks like all the other men's hats of the era. I just can't analyze it further than that personally.

coble

A-List Customer
i agree its not lit well, i might need to pause the dvd to take some photos, but it looks moss green in some parts of the movie, grey, and at times it looks brown but the ribbon is either brown or dark purple, which i think the dark purple would look amazing with mossy green beaver felt.
I will check out the akubra, yes the crease would be amazing, its a great looking hat with a classic looking crown.
I've also been deciding on the fedora worn by Adrien brody in the pianist. But anymore ideas on what this hat is would be great. thanks for your help guys, definately appreciate it. Checking out akubra right now.....

bradbraden

New in Town
This is strange because I just signed up for this forum the other day,my user name:Brad Braden. Then this is the first time I saw this post and I had to respond. Anyway I've loved this movie ever since I was a kid. If you look at part 1 online you will get a good look at the hat straight on at about the 3:27 mark. To my untrained eye it almost looks like a slightly shorter crown lighter color Indy hat. I myself purchased a Christys Adventurer over the holidays and I put a teardrop crease in it because I didn't like the height. I came out with a sort of Brad Braden/Indy hybrid by doing this.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
This is strange because I just signed up for this forum the other day,my user name:Brad Braden. Then this is the first time I saw this post and I had to respond. Anyway I've loved this movie ever since I was a kid. If you look at part 1 online you will get a good look at the hat straight on at about the 3:27 mark. To my untrained eye it almost looks like a slightly shorter crown lighter color Indy hat. I myself purchased a Christys Adventurer over the holidays and I put a teardrop crease in it because I didn't like the height. I came out with a sort of Brad Braden/Indy hybrid by doing this.
Any pics of your new hat?

bradbraden

New in Town
That diamond crease in the last photo really straightens up the sides of that hat. Any pics of you in it with that crease?

I really wanted to get that straight side look Scotty. That was another reason I took out the center crease, it tapered too much, reminded me of a witches hat. I am such a noob this is the first hat I've bashed. Anyway, thanks for the input, I'll get some straight on pics pretty soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails