Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheesecake!

Wild Root

Gone Home
herringbonekid said:
NO, silly, by "women's erotica" i meant erotica FOR women.....as in photos of men. :p

Oh, hehehehe... misunderstood there friend!lol Well, in that case, I know there were photos taken in the 30's of nude males for artists use mostly from Germany and Italy... but, I'm almost sure there weren't women who had these photos under their pillows or in their sock drawer .lol

=WR=

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Naama... There were a lot of muscle and fitness photos and artistic photos taken of nude and semi nude men. I don't know if there were specific publications with the same intentions the girlie rags had, but I am sure the ladies bought under the counter photos just the same. Don't quote me on that... I am just figuring.

Snookie

Practically Family
I imagine that the majority of buyers of pics of men were other men. Since that's how it is today, I imagine it was even moreso "back then". Women aren't as prone to want that type of picture.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Snookie said:
I imagine that the majority of buyers of pics of men were other men. Since that's how it is today, I imagine it was even moreso "back then". Women aren't as prone to want that type of picture.

I have to agree here. Time after time in the park I offer the camera, I open the raincoat and all I get is running and screaming... and the Mace, oh God it burns.....

:D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
I have to agree here. Time after time in the park I offer the camera, I open the raincoat and all I get is running and screaming... and the Mace, oh God it burns.....

That was funny. It made me spit! LOL

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LolitaHaze said:
Don't frown... you made me laugh. That is a good thing! Hahahaha!! :eusa_clap

This is where the part of me that needs consistent churchin' would say..

Baby, I can do lots of good things.....

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
what little I know

There were a lot of magazines with women in skimpy dress and sometimes quite silly poses or costumes. To see men that way (including silly poses and costumes) there were "fitness culture" magazines. They were just for people interested in being muscular.;)
I'm not sure if women looked at them. Some of the pictures would have a couple of men playing around together.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Naama

Practically Family
I really didn't expectet that much serious responses! I almost didn't posted that, but now, I'm glad I did.
And by the way, I didn't say that those pictures would then be only for the women! But, yes, the question, if the women looked at them, is by far more interesting..... Some people say that a womens brain works different, so there is no use for such things, but by god, I know enough women to proof the difference..... ;)

Naama

Haversack

One Too Many
One venue which offered photographs of men in scanty, (for then), attire and was perfectly acceptable for women to purchase were the fan magazines extolling the latest Hollywood heart-throb.

And while they were illegal, Tijuana Bibles would occassionally make their way into female hands as well.

Haversack.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Girl Friday said:
I so wanted to post a picture of my dog Chloe in her hula outfit! :(

I haven't been able to figure out how to attach pictures, do you have to use something like Photo Bucket?
I use imageshack.us
Go to that site, click on "Browse," find the photo, upload it and copy the link. Be sure to preview post before you submit it to make sure the picture isn't too large (I suggest sizing it to around 500 X 500 or so first).

That should do it. If you get stuck, PM me.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
OK

I think I got it...
hulachloerg9.jpg

Chloe's "Cheesecake" picture, modified slightly... :D

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
I use imageshack.us
Go to that site, click on "Browse," find the photo, upload it and copy the link. Be sure to preview post before you submit it to make sure the picture isn't too large (I suggest sizing it to around 500 X 500 or so first).

That should do it. If you get stuck, PM me.

And THANKS! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21