Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chi Chi Rodriguez Hat

akaBruno

Suspended
just picked up a Chi Chi Rodriguez Hat. I know it's a cheap golf hat. I'm currently putting a swoop in the front of the brim. Never worn, like brand NEW.

Question... Should I trim that CHi CHi tag off of it, or leave it?

I wanna cut it off, but I'm thinkin I should just leave it.

The only thing it says inside is Made in the USA.

Thanks,

BRUNO

Marty M.

Vendor
Slice it off.

Your name is Bruno. Of course you take the name off. It's all about you. It's not about the name of the Super Star, Hat Maker or one of Lowly Retailers. Get the Switch Blade out and go for it.
Marty

akaBruno

Suspended
akaBruno said:
:D

BRUNO is a misspelling. It's actually French. OK... here come all the French bashing jokes. ;)

BRUNEAU

Back to the CHis Chi hat. Should I leave the tag?

Right now it's only value is what it means to me.

Could it possibly be worth more... someday, if I leave that tag on it?

Just askin

BRUNO

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I guess before you remove said tag, you may want to check and see if there is a "Do not remove under penalty of law". I am sure you are aware of the many laws that govern textiles and such in this country. If not, maybe you should retain counsel of a qualified barrister.

I would say if you are going to wear it and really use it, you probably should take the tag off and not worry about a future resale value. If you are thinking you'll be selling it in the future wear it very little and leave the tag on, it is part of the provenance.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family

akaBruno

Suspended
"I don't know what happened to that tag Occifer... I never seen one. I wanna talk to Bud's attorney. " :D

It's gone. God, I love cheap hats. :)

Thanks for the jocularity, guys.

BRUNO

Edw8ri

Familiar Face
I just got an original Chi Chi Rodriguez straw hat and I love it, even though I am not a golfer. Chi Chi's golfing career ended over 25 years ago. I don't know how old this hat is, but it is old. I like to wear straws and while I have some that are nicer, my Chi Chi is the most interesting straw I have.

hutch

Familiar Face
All I can think of while reading this thread is the WKRP In Cincinnati episode where Les Nessman mispronounced his name as "Chy Chy Rod-ri-gweeze."

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist. Enjoy your hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21