Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christina Aguilera's video to Candyman! Wow.

Rafter

Suspended
thebadmamajama said:
Imagine my chagrin when my boyfriend voluntarily bought the album and then bought a copy for me! Now I can't deny that I like it...
Oh ironic life! Now I can't even make fun of a twenty something guy buying a pop princess's album....

I have to admit I never really liked her and her former Disney Channel compadres, Spears and Timberlake.

However, Aguilera got the best of me too...."hook, line and sinker".
After seeing the Candyman video last Summer, I wound up buying two of her CD's.

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
superb video

That is a superb video.christina looks incredible in all the little rolls she was playing in it.She has always had a powerful impact,since she went solo from disney,and i am always impressed by christina and her unique style and ways.from dirty and that video,to candyman and that video,she knows how to deliver like a mike tyson punch ( when he was at his prime ).

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
I liked it, I wouldn't say I loved it, for there are certain things that I find unappealing and un vintage-like. But, hooray for her for taking such a giant leap. She is going in a direction all of her own, once again, starting her own trends.

What I didn't like: Some of the lyrics, I just found them to be, well, off. But, I love the white suit, think she looks extremely classy in it. Her hair and make up are perfect. The dancing is wonderful.
Christina has always been a trend setter, hopefully the looks from this video and swing music too will be the hot new look. She does the Rosie the Riveter look really well, although in typical Christina fashion she does manage to put on a few outfits in which she is barely dressed.

Yeah, I liked it. I think she has a great voice and I'm glad to see she's still doing something with it, unlike her teen rival Brittany. It'd be nice to see her start a swing revival amongst the younger crowds who worship her.

A few years ago, some aspect of the music industry was doing a salute to Michael Jackson. Brittney Spears was one of the featured artists who sang a duet with him. Her voice was so meek and underpowered compared to Jackson's, I was totally blown away. She needs so much digital enhancement, and relies on it to carry her.

Christina has a real voice, and talent to go with it. I also wonder if she's trying to dance out of her outfits, but that's probably part of her appeal to some. Unfortunate...she doesn't need any gimmicks!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Christina has a real voice, and talent to go with it. I also wonder if she's trying to dance out of her outfits, but that's probably part of her appeal to some. Unfortunate...she doesn't need any gimmicks!

Well said Jim!
Nikki

dashiell

One of the Regulars
I didn't like that particularly. The lyrics were something less than imaginative, but it's not as though I'm an artist and can write anything better. They were racy, and that's not a problem ... plenty of ~Golden Era lyrics were racy, dealing with sex and drugs. After all, when Minnie the Moocher kicked the gong around, I think most people knew what she was doing. The tune is catchy, and it was catchy when the Andrews sisters used it, as well. Nothing new there. The visuals were plasticine, and I think that was interesting and appropriate. If I were to choose a spoof of the Female Singing Trio I'd rather watch the animated Belleville Triplets. That's more fun, with about the same creativity for lyrics, and there's a whole film afterward. Plus, there was the added bonus of trying to identify the cameos, which amused me.

Aguilera was alright, a very talented singer, but I wouldn't buy a recording.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24