Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christina Aguilera's video to Candyman! Wow.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
That is one of the nicest pieces of video editing and sync work I've ever seen!

Also, the intro comments indicate that the music might span some generations. To my ear, it ought to be a hit. We'll see how it plays with da yout' audience.

I loved it! :cheers1: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I liked it, I wouldn't say I loved it, for there are certain things that I find unappealing and un vintage-like. But, hooray for her for taking such a giant leap. She is going in a direction all of her own, once again, starting her own trends.

What I didn't like: Some of the lyrics, I just found them to be, well, off. But, I love the white suit, think she looks extremely classy in it. Her hair and make up are perfect. The dancing is wonderful.
Christina has always been a trend setter, hopefully the looks from this video and swing music too will be the hot new look. She does the Rosie the Riveter look really well, although in typical Christina fashion she does manage to put on a few outfits in which she is barely dressed.

Yeah, I liked it. I think she has a great voice and I'm glad to see she's still doing something with it, unlike her teen rival Brittany. It'd be nice to see her start a swing revival amongst the younger crowds who worship her.

D

drafttek

What the heck is this world coming to...

A Christina Aguilera song I like. Sheesh.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
What a change from the grungy pierced Christina Aguilera from a couple of years ago.

Of the blonde pop singers that came out in the late '90s, she has the best voice (and is the only one that still has a real music career).

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I really like to see singers using some nostalgic cues in their acts and music. There's a lot to recommend big band and 30's-40's-50's music, but today's audience is looking for a more modern idiom. I think this number spans that gap nicely.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I am sure her Andew Sisters routine is temporary. You can take the girl out of the grunge but not the grunge out of the girl.

Well of course it's temporary. The world IS moving on. We do not all live in the past. But I think it's great, that she did it. And WOW - she did it.:eusa_clap

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i didn't want to like it... but i did, somewhat.

my main complaints are...

1) her sailor pinup outfit was too skimpy to look period. although it might be that she's too thin to look "right" in a pinup outfit, and not the construction of the garment itself.

2) if anyone could ever make a video where they show swing dancers doing anything but aerials and tricks, that would be excellent.

that said, i'll be dl'ing a better version of it when i'm somewhere with wifi :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Daisy Buchanan said:
What I didn't like: Some of the lyrics, I just found them to be, well, off.

"He's a one stop shop, makes my ..... pop." :confused:

They even censored that line of the song on her website.

Sheesh!

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
happyfilmluvguy said:
:eusa_clap

that was great! You ought to see her website.

http://www.christinaaguilera.com/

Oh My Goodness! What a great site. How great would it be if this classic style of hers catches on. What a relief it will be to see young ladies across the world sporting vintage style clothes, learning to swing dance and not walking around with their belly rings showing and thongs hanging out of their low rise jeans.

Love the vintage Louis Vuitton trunks!! Those are a rarity.

Good for her! She's taking a small risk by deviating from the norm, but she has plenty of star power to turn this deviation into a fad.
Maybe designers will take some cues from her and start making pretty form fitted suits with bias cut skirts. Although the one negative I do see is a mad rush for real vintage clothes, which could drive the prices up even more. But, if she starts a fashion trend, we'll be able to buy some modern things.

I think this is great. I like this girl. She could have really gone in the wrong direction with her life and made an a$$ out of herself, like some other teen stars. Instead, she is taking her power and using it for bigger and better things. She's also done better with controlling her reputation.
Golly could it be that I might actually like her!! Yes, I'm a closet Aguilerra fan, I've got a few of her songs on my iPod:eek: I'll definitely be adding this one.

griffer

Practically Family
I like it and i don't.

The dumb male in me was very enthralled. Yeah, 'thrall' is an perfect description. It's 'hot', but not great or even good.

My brain, which resides in higher elevations, says

-it isn't a particularily good song
-vocal gymanstics are contrived in an otherwise chanted melody
-the images in the video are very stylized, plastic and have the depth of a Hustler scene
-the lyrics are downright dirty (panties constantly drop, he makes her cherry pop, and he has a big ergh???)
-images don't fit the video, Rosie the riveter as empowered working girl versuses brainless Noseart come alive encircled by men....hmmm...nope can't reconcile it...

Bottom line, same ol' dity Christina pushy the eros button with a jack hammer. Only this time she wrapped it up in a veneer of class by co-opting cliches and images from our grandparents' generation.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
griffer said:
I like it and i don't.

The dumb male in me was very enthralled. Yeah, 'thrall' is an perfect description. It's 'hot', but not great or even good.

My brain, which resides in higher elevations, says

-it isn't a particularily good song
-vocal gymanstics are contrived in an otherwise chanted melody
-the images in the video are very stylized, plastic and have the depth of a Hustler scene
-the lyrics are downright dirty (panties constantly drop, he makes her cherry pop, and he has a big ergh???)
-images don't fit the video, Rosie the riveter as empowered working girl versuses brainless Noseart come alive encircled by men....hmmm...nope can't reconcile it...

Bottom line, same ol' dity Christina pushy the eros button with a jack hammer. Only this time she wrapped it up in a veneer of class by co-opting cliches and images from our grandparents' generation.

:eusa_clap

Spot on.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
WOW

I have always liked Christina, but I love this look the best. She is very talented, has a real voice. Love the video, love her style, it's edgy vintage/retro. Love it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy