Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chrysler Building to be sold

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
But maybe the new owners will allow tourists to enjoy the building more on the weekend.

When we visited the building last, the guards told us we had to stay back behind some velvet ropes. You could barely see anything in the lobby. The guards said they asked the owners to allow tourists to look around . They were willing to take on the added responsilbility and work but management said no. They felt bad for all of us since even they recognized the importance of the building.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Some of the buildings in midtown are nuts that way. I tried to take pix of the magnificent Chanen Building, right down the block form the Chrysler, and almost got assaulted and arrested. The murals on the Chrysler Building lobby ceiling are wonderful, and because of the slightly dim lighting, and their fascinating details, require a good long moment to take in. I can't wait for this country to regain its sanity. I know, don't hold your breath. But I keep hoping.
BTW, what's the reserve price on the Chrysler Bldg? I might be interested. It would definitely go with my decor. :p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
shhhhhhhh It appears that certain oil rich Middle Eastern countries are using their recent windfall to aquire Manhattan's trophy buildings. shhhhhhhh

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I can't wait for this country to regain its sanity. I know, don't hold your breath. But I keep hoping.

I have friends in DC who complain the government ruined the beauty of the buildings there in the name of "security".

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, didn't the Japanese buy up a lot of real estate here in the US back in the 80's with all the excess cash they couldn't spend on anything else? Didn't the real estate market then crash, causing them to sell at rock bottom prices, thereby returning a lot of that equity back to the States? This is a typical Hermann garbled version of the story. But I think something like that happened.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Well, didn't the Japanese buy up a lot of real estate here in the US back in the 80's with all the excess cash they couldn't spend on anything else? Didn't the real estate market then crash, causing them to sell at rock bottom prices, thereby returning a lot of that equity back to the States? This is a typical Hermann garbled version of the story. But I think something like that happened.
It sure did. With the general public who weren't getting the windfalls from the bubble, wondering if it (buying up a lot of real estate and arts and etc etc) wouldn't all come back with a vengence once all were said and done:rolleyes: --which it did. :eusa_doh:
A lot of companies changed hands, went bankrupt when the bubble burst, etc etc.[huh]

Story

I'll Lock Up
Kinda reminds me of how Montgomery Burns sold his power plant to the Germans.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR