Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette Girls

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I've heard about cigar/cigarette/candy girls before, but I can't find any pictures. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I would look for pictures of them? :D

Thanks!
B

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found on Google Images

alandganginhavana.jpg

That seems to be the only vintage picture!!! I know I have seen one in a film noir, but can't remember which film...

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I've seen them in movies mostly (Panama Hattie, DuBarry Was A Lady, The Leopard Man etc...). Unfortunalty when you search for pic on google you get cheesy costumes.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Do you guys think something like this might be similar, with a big tray?
K8668.jpg

I can't remember ever having seen one before. hmrr.

Vintage Betty

I owned a vintage cigarette girl outfit, but sold it on ebay when it didn't fit me anymore. Let me check my files to see if I still have the picture.

Vintage Betty

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
This one looks early 60s...

9995.jpg

"Begun in 1936, the Blue Key Club introduces its smoker to stir up Hobo Week enthusiasm. By the 1960s, the Blue Key Smokers and the "cigarette girls" became passe'."

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I haven't seen vintage ads or pics before, only the girls in the movies.. and from my old days in SF there were always the Peachy Puff girls that used to frequent the swing venues...

http://www.peachyspuffs.com

I'll have to find the picture of my sister as a cigarette girl...

Miss 1929

The Peachy Puffs are still going strong...

They tour all the nightclubs selling candy and gum and stuff, and sometimes flowers. I think it may be illegal for them to sell tobacco. Fun. hey wear kind of cute trashy outfits. Not very vintage looking, though.

Big Man

Here are a couple "cigarette girl" pictures. I believe these were taken about 1952. From the background, I believe they were at the Marion Lake Club near Nebo, NC. The man on the right is my Dad, and the man on the left is his friend, O.D. Rowe.

cig_girl_1.jpg

Here's one of the cigarette girl by herself. Cute outfit ...

cig_girl_2.jpg

Camille

Familiar Face
Julian said:
This one isn't as much of a "uniform" as some are.
ciggirlji7.jpg

There's some cigarette girls in Ninotchka with outfits very similar to that one.

Don't know if you can find pictures on the internet of them, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy