Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic leading man or dame test

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey all...
Ran across this.

Classic Leading Man Test

Classic Leading Dames Test

I got Katharine Hepburn
(You scored 7% grit, 28% wit, 52% flair, and 19% class!)
You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.

Feraud

Bartender
hey pilgrim..

I would have never thought this one but...
John Wayne
You scored 61% Tough, 4% Roguish, 19% Friendly, and 14% Charming!
You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Clark Gable
You scored 33% Tough, 4% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 33% Charming!

You're a helluva guy, a real split personality and a bit of an enigma. On the one hand, you're a man's man, tough talking and ready for anything. But on the other hand, you soften your rough and tumble core with a disarmingly smooth exterior, and you make the ladies swoon. You're equally admired by both men and women alike, drinking other men under the table all the while charming the socks off half a dozen lovelies. You're a commanding presence, and you know how to get what - and who - you want when you want it. You're drawn to women who, like you, are savvy enough to deal with the world on their own terms. You work well with spitfires. Leading ladies include Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow. No damsels in distress for you.

Of course, I would have expected as much. ;)

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Call Me Myrna

Myrna Loy
You scored 28% grit, 33% wit, 19% flair, and 30% class!

You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

I couldn't ask for better partners.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My score on The Classic Leading Man Test:

Clark Gable
(You scored 38% Tough, 28% Roguish, 19% Friendly, and 14% Charming!)

"You're a helluva guy and a bit of an enigma. You're a man's man, tough talking and ready for anything, and you make the ladies swoon with your rakish ways. You're equally admired by both men and women alike, drinking other men under the table all the while charming the socks off half a dozen lovelies. You're a commanding presence, and you know how to get what - and who - you want when you want it. You're drawn to women who, like you, are savvy enough to deal with the world on their own terms. You work well with spitfires. Leading ladies include Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow. No damsels in distress for you.

Find out what kind of classic dame you'd make by taking the
Classic Dames Test."

Take it!
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=8651547809586515731

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Oh GREAT

Leslie Howard

You scored 23% Tough, 19% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 28% Charming!

You are the classic matinee idol: charming, dashing, solid and strong, but in the end, we know you are just playing a part. You do not resonate very loudly in any direction because we can so readily see that you are acting, even if it's good acting. While we don't exactly see you quite as milquetoast as your famous role of Ashley Wilkes in GONE WITH THE WIND, we still don't really think of you as the guy we'd like to get to know and possibly go home with at the end of the film. We're sure you're a nice guy, but we're not really too sure about anything else. Stay out of wars.

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
I didn't see this coming

John Wayne
You scored 35% Tough, 9% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 28% Charming!

You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Humphrey Bogart
You scored 30% Tough, 4% Roguish, 47% Friendly, and 19% Charming!

You're the original man of honor, rough and tough but willing to stick your neck out when you need to, despite what you might say to the contrary. You're a complex character full of spit and vinegar, but with a soft heart and a tender streak that you try to hide. There's usually a complicated dame in the picture, someone who sees the real you behind all the tough talk and can dish it out as well as you can. You're not easy to get next to, but when you find the right partner, you're caring and loyal to a fault. A big fault. But you take it on the chin and move on, nursing your pain inside and maintaining your armor...until the next dame walks in. Or possibly the same dame, and of all the gin joints in all the world, it had to be yours. Co-stars include Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall, hot chicks with problems.

S

Samsa

Humphrey Bogart

You scored 45% Tough, 0% Roguish, 52% Friendly, and 4% Charming!

You're the original man of honor, rough and tough but willing to stick your neck out when you need to, despite what you might say to the contrary. You're a complex character full of spit and vinegar, but with a soft heart and a tender streak that you try to hide. There's usually a complicated dame in the picture, someone who sees the real you behind all the tough talk and can dish it out as well as you can. You're not easy to get next to, but when you find the right partner, you're caring and loyal to a fault. A big fault. But you take it on the chin and move on, nursing your pain inside and maintaining your armor...until the next dame walks in. Or possibly the same dame, and of all the gin joints in all the world, it had to be yours. Co-stars include Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall, hot chicks with problems.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Barbara Stanwyck

You scored 30% grit, 28% wit, 38% flair, and 23% class!

You're a tough dame, a bit of a spitfire, and you can even be a little dangerous, but you do it with such flair that almost all is forgiven (and even when it's not, you're still the most interesting woman in the room). You can be witty and charming, all right, but you have a tough streak that keeps you focused and sometimes deadly. You've had quite a climb to get where you are, but you're a hard worker and you mostly deserve all you get...and then some. You might end up destroying everything around you, but you must admit...you've got style. Your leading men include Henry Fonda, Fred MacMurray, and when you forget yourself, Gary Cooper.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Cary Grant

Cary Grant:
You scored 19% Tough, 0% Roguish, 33% Friendly, and 47% Charming!

You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit, quiet confidence and flirty sense of humor. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile, even if you're flashing it at a kindly aunt or engaging child at the time. When you walk into a room, women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed, but you're too nice a guy to steal anyone else's girl...unless the guy deserves it. You're stylish, yes, but you can also be a little bit nutty. However, you're primarily seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly, stylish women with a sense of fun.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Cary Grant

You scored 4% Tough, 23% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 42% charming.

You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit and quiet confidence. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile. When you walk into a room, the women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed. When you find yourself in trouble, you are easily able to charm your way out of it, or convince others to help you. You're seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Irene Dunne, and Joan Fontaine, stylish women who know a class act when they see it.

Hey, I'll take that! ;) lol
Now where's my Joan Fontaine?

Lancealot

Practically Family
I got

John Wayne
You scored 47% Tough, 14% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 9% Charming!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Katherine Hepburn
You scored 16% grit, 23% wit, 38% flair, and 28% class!

Wow, I'm also surprised by these results. Funny, I'm a huge fan of Katherine Hepburn's.
Yahoo! Yippee for me, I'm full of flair and class:D

Where do they come up with these things??

You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner