Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic leading man or dame test

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Cary Grant

You scored 19% Tough, 4% Roguish, 23% Friendly, and 52% Charming!

You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit and quiet confidence. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile. When you walk into a room, the women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed. When you find yourself in trouble, you are easily able to charm your way out of it, or convince others to help you. You're seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Irene Dunne, and Joan Fontaine, stylish women who know a class act when they see it.

That is awesome, considering how I am a big fan of Cary Grant! Now, where the hell is Grace Kelly...

Johnny Turner

New in Town
Pretty funny stuff. Even though Cary Grant is one of my favorite actors.

Cary Grant
You scored 23% Tough, 4% Roguish, 23% Friendly, and 47% Charming!
You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit and quiet confidence. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile. When you walk into a room, the women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed. When you find yourself in trouble, you are easily able to charm your way out of it, or convince others to help you. You're seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Irene Dunne, and Joan Fontaine, stylish women who know a class act when they see it.

Took this test about six months ago and got William Powell. Got him again. Since I was a kid, I knew I was looking for Mrs. Charles.

William Powell
You scored 14% Tough, 38% Roguish, 9% Friendly, and 38% Charming!
You are the classic rogue, a stylish rake with the devil of a wit and a flair for mischief, and you shake your martinis to waltz time. You are charming and debonair, but slightly untrustworthy, and women should be on their guard. If married, you are simply a bit of a flirt, even if it's just with your own wife...but if you're single, watch out. You usually rein yourself in to concentrate on one lovely beauty at a time, but with you, we never know. You're an inviting partner, but there's a playful devil behind your eyes, and those trying to get close to you should know they're playing with fire. You're stylish and fun, but you follow your own course, which may or may not include a steady gal. Co-stars include Myrna Loy and Carole Lombard, classy ladies with an adventurous streak.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Errr, I don't know, I don't necessarily trust the results:

Katharine Hepburn
You scored 19% grit, 19% wit, 38% flair, and 23% class!

You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.

L_H

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Rosalind Russell
You scored 16% grit, 42% wit, 19% flair, and 28% class!
You are one wise-cracking lady, always quick with a clever remark and easily able to keep up with the quips and puns that come along with the nutty situations you find yourself in. You're usually able to talk your way out of any jam, and even if you can't, you at least make it more interesting with your biting wit. You can match the smartest guy around line for line, and you've got an open mind that allows you to get what you want, even if you don't recognize it at first. Your leading men include Cary Grant and Clark Gable, men who can keep up with you.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Am I the only one who got this?

Frank Morgan
you scored 35% befuddlement, 29% harmless, 10% amusing and 27% more befuddlement!

You are a nice enough guy that will never get the girl. The girls do love you though, like a father. You are at times inept but a fun addition. The tough guys are never afraid of you and things go smoother when you aren't around. Your co-stars are Zasu Pitts, Cass Daley and Virginia O'Brien. Now get lost.

The Wolf
<--------------------

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
The Wolf said:
Frank Morgan
you scored 35% befuddlement, 29% harmless, 10% amusing and 27% more befuddlement!

You are a nice enough guy that will never get the girl. The girls do love you though, like a father. You are at times inept but a fun addition. The tough guys are never afraid of you and things go smoother when you aren't around. Your co-stars are Zasu Pitts, Cass Daley and Virginia O'Brien. Now get lost.

The Wolf
<--------------------

Afraid that seems to be the case old thing,...have another bash at the test. lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
Frank Morgan

The Wolf
<--------------------
lol oh no! lol well I bet that certainly made your night! but hey, harmless is good, actually, great...keeps us wise cracking girls out of trouble :D

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I got William Powell here.

You scored 14% Tough, 28% Roguish, 14% Friendly, and 42% Charming!

Gosh, I never knew I was that charming! My wife will never believe it.lol

Brad

Sunny

One Too Many
Here's a new one!

Carole Lombard
You scored 14% grit, 14% wit, 38% flair, and 45% class!

You're a little bit of a fruitcake, but you always act out in style. You have a good sense of humor, are game for almost anything, but you like to have nice things about you and are attracted to the high life. You're stylish and modern, but you've got a few rough edges that keep you from attaining true sophistication. Your leading men include William Powell, Fredric March, and Clark Gable. Watch out for small planes.

Can anybody suggest some good movies??

Some of the questions didn't really have an answer I could apply to myself, so I took it again. This time:

Myrna Loy
You scored 16% grit, 4% wit, 14% flair, and 73% class!

Pretty much just the Flair and Class are different. Interesting!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Yippee, I'm Myrna!

Myrna Loy
You scored 23% grit, 23% wit, 23% flair, and 38% class!
You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

I aspire to be like Myrna but I feel more like Barbara Stanwyck. Nice to know I'm making progress towards my goal.

Fun quiz--the answers were less obvious than others I've taken.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I'm Myrna too!

Myrna Loy
You scored 9% grit, 19% wit, 28% flair, and 47% class!
You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

If they say so. I hope I get her wardrobe too.

Naama

Practically Family
Joan Crawford
You scored higher than 99% on grit

You scored higher than 21% on wit

You scored higher than 3% on flair

You scored higher than 6% on class

I'm not sure about that one....

Naama

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Cary Grant also...

Cary Grant:
You scored 19% Tough, 0% Roguish, 33% Friendly, and 47% Charming!

You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit, quiet confidence and flirty sense of humor. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile, even if you're flashing it at a kindly aunt or engaging child at the time. When you walk into a room, women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed, but you're too nice a guy to steal anyone else's girl...unless the guy deserves it. You're stylish, yes, but you can also be a little bit nutty. However, you're primarily seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly, stylish women with a sense of fun.

Steve

Practically Family
John Wayne

You scored 57% Tough, 0% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 14% Charming!

You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
I got Gable:

28% Tough, 33% Roguish, 19% Friendly, and 19% Charming

"You're a helluva guy and a bit of an enigma. You're a man's man, tough talking and ready for anything, and you make the ladies swoon with your rakish ways. You're equally admired by both men and women alike, drinking other men under the table all the while charming the socks off half a dozen lovelies. You're a commanding presence, and you know how to get what - and who - you want when you want it. You're drawn to women who, like you, are savvy enough to deal with the world on their own terms. You work well with spitfires. Leading ladies include Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow. No damsels in distress for you"

Dagnabbit, why can't I really be like that??

Caledonia

Practically Family
What fun!

Katharine Hepburn
You scored 26% grit, 28% wit, 38% flair, and 21% class!

and if I ever change sides,

Humphrey Bogart
You scored 38% Tough, 19% Roguish, 38% Friendly, and 4% Charming!

Sounds like I'm doing the remake of African Queen all by myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav