Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic leading man or dame test

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
My score on The Classic Leading Man Test:

Jimmy Stewart
(You scored 23% Tough, 14% Roguish, 42% Friendly, and 23% Charming!)

"You are the fun and friendly boy next door, the classic nice guy who still manages to get the girl most of the time. You're every nice girl's dreamboat, open and kind, nutty and charming, even a little mischievous at times, but always a real stand up guy. You're dependable and forthright, and women are drawn to your reliability, even as they're dazzled by your sense of adventure and fun. You try to be tough when you need to be, and will gladly stand up for any damsel in distress, but you'd rather catch a girl with a little bit of flair. Your leading ladies include Jean Arthur and Donna Reed, those sweet girl-next-door types.

Find out what kind of classic dame you'd make by taking the
Classic Dames Test."

Take it!
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=8651547809586515731

Rosie

One Too Many
Myrna Loy

You scored 28% grit, 14% wit, 23% flair, and 54% class!

You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I took the test and I am a Katherine Hepburn type of a gal... here are my scores: 21%grit 19%wit 47%flair 16%class

Hmmm interesting!

Brooksie

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Clark Gable

You scored: 33% Tough, 4% Roguish, 28% Friendly and 33% Charming!

primopiano_clark_gable.jpg

You're a helluva guy, a real split personality and a bit of an enigma. On the one hand, you're a man's man, tough talking and ready for anything. But on the other hand, you soften your rough and tumble core with a disarmingly smooth exterior, and you make the ladies swoon. You're equally admired by both men and women alike, drinking other men under the table all the while charming the socks off half a dozen lovelies. You're a commanding presence, and you know how to get what - and who - you want when you want it. You're drawn to women who, like you, are savvy enough to deal with the world on their own terms. You work well with spitfires. Leading ladies include Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow. No damsels in distress for you.

Actually I'm a bit dissappointed. I was hoping for Gregory Peck. Oh well, it could have been worse. I could have been saddled with this profile:

Boris Karloff

You scored: 15% Obsessive/Compulsive, 25% Megalomaniacal, 40% Sadistic and 20% Dapper!

Boris_Karloff.jpg

Brilliant and unconventional, you're usually misunderstood by the local peasantry. A night owl, you do your best work long past midnight and against great odds. While your commanding presence and intensity oft-times intimidates the average guy, it attracts others with your unique sensibilities and talents: namely, escaped Death Row inmates, dictators, Satanists and rogue surgeons . . . . as well as the more obsessive members of the local police force. Tall, Dark and Demented, you prefer your women like you prefer your wine: of great vintage. Preferably of the Middle Kingdom, 13th Dynasty. From formalware to casual, scaffold to dissection laboratory; whether loading corpses into hansom cabs, betraying old friends or trysting with Nazi saboteurs, you're always the very model of the well-turned out man.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Test that Would Not Die

For months it slumbered, undead, only to emerge again and wreak its madness on Fletch...transforming him into:
x164.jpg

(4% Tough, 47% Roguish, 28% Friendly, and 19% Charming)

Hey, I could get used to this. :rolleyes:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Myrna Loy--You scored 23% grit, 28% wit, 14% flair, and 47% class.

Just for kicks I took the leading man test as well and came up as Cary Grant. Not bad!

Interesting... never thought an old rattlesnake like me'd be a good Bogey...

Your Score: Humphrey Bogart
You scored 40% Tough, 9% Roguish, 47% Friendly, and 4% Charming!

You're the original man of honor, rough and tough but willing to stick your neck out when you need to, despite what you might say to the contrary. You're a complex character full of spit and vinegar, but with a soft heart and a tender streak that you try to hide. There's usually a complicated dame in the picture, someone who sees the real you behind all the tough talk and can dish it out as well as you can. You're not easy to get next to, but when you find the right partner, you're caring and loyal to a fault. A big fault. But you take it on the chin and move on, nursing your pain inside and maintaining your armor...until the next dame walks in. Or possibly the same dame, and of all the gin joints in all the world, it had to be yours. Co-stars include Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall, hot chicks with problems.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
More truth, than fiction

Your Score: Humphrey BogartYou scored 47% Tough, 0% Roguish, 33% Friendly, and 19% Charming!

You're the original man of honor, rough and tough but willing to stick your neck out when you need to, despite what you might say to the contrary. You're a complex character full of spit and vinegar, but with a soft heart and a tender streak that you try to hide. There's usually a complicated dame in the picture, someone who sees the real you behind all the tough talk and can dish it out as well as you can. You're not easy to get next to, but when you find the right partner, you're caring and loyal to a fault. A big fault. But you take it on the chin and move on, nursing your pain inside and maintaining your armor...until the next dame walks in. Or possibly the same dame, and of all the gin joints in all the world, it had to be yours. Co-stars include Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall, hot chicks with problems.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I took the dame test and am Katherine Hepburn. All I need to be now is Cary Grant and I'll be the main cast of the Philadelphia Story

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Color me stunned!

Your Score: Myrna Loy
You scored 23% grit, 28% wit, 28% flair, and 42% class!

You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.

42% class! Now, that's what I'm talking about! :D
Ah well, back to reality. That's why tests like these are for "amusement purposes only." :rolleyes:
Still a girl can dream, can't she? :)

simmerpot !!!! :eek: !!!
Moi?! Not little old moi! :eek:

Being a Myrna Loy type of girl, I couldn't resist checking out my animus:

Your Score: Jimmy Stewart
You scored 23% Tough, 4% Roguish, 47% Friendly, and 23% Charming!
You are the fun and friendly boy next door, the classic nice guy who still manages to get the girl most of the time. You're every nice girl's dreamboat, open and kind, nutty and charming, even a little mischievous at times, but always a real stand up guy. You're dependable and forthright, and women are drawn to your reliability, even as they're dazzled by your sense of adventure and fun. You try to be tough when you need to be, and will gladly stand up for any damsel in distress, but you'd rather catch a girl with a little bit of flair. Your leading ladies include Jean Arthur and Donna Reed, those sweet girl-next-door types.

Results like these are a welcome ego boost.
Thanks Lauren.
;)

Kishtu

Practically Family
Myrna Loy - apparently....

with more than 99% of everything?

*shakes head* it's too early to work out the maths of that.... but isn't that 400%?

Classydame

One of the Regulars
My Score: Carole LombardYou scored 11% grit, 4% wit, 47% flair, and 47% class!

You're a little bit of a fruitcake, but you always act out in style. You have a good sense of humor, are game for almost anything, but you like to have nice things about you and are attracted to the high life. You're stylish and modern, but you've got a few rough edges that keep you from attaining true sophistication. Your leading men include William Powell, Fredric March, and Clark Gable. Watch out for small planes.

AudreyH

Familiar Face
Myrna Loy
You scored 21% grit, 14% wit, 33% flair, and 43% class!

Sounds okay to me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner