Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Shoes and boots from England

geo

They are good shoes, especially the calf "Premium" range. Shipton and Heneage are retailers, not shoemakers, and their shoes are in majority rebranded Alfred Sargents; compare with

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/stock.php?range_ID=78

You may get a better deal by buying the Sargents from Pediwear-do the math: shipping, customs, etc. Brooks Brothers' "Peal and Co." shoes are also rebranded Sargents.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
geo said:
Brooks Brothers' "Peal and Co." shoes are also rebranded Sargents.
Wow. I did not know that. Brooks Bros shoes are expensive. I love my Alfred Sargeant's from pediwear. I would buy from them again. My Spectators were $175 and worth every penny.

geo

BB Peal shoes used to be rebranded Crockett and Jones; they are now rebranded Alfred Sargents Premier.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow! Those white buck wing-tips are sweet!
As to those Saddle shoes, are they technically "Saddle Shoes?" Isn't there supposed to be a band of constrasting color going down the center? Or is this a variation of Saddle Shoe?
In any case, they are really nice.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
They are mislabeled. In fact, they're cap-toe spectator shoes, known in Britain as "co-respondent" shoes.
I thought so. I would still buy them. They are perfect for summer evenings. They would be great for a formal lawn party with black pants and a white dinner jacket. Beautiful.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
are you guys sure that those Brooks Bros white nubucks are actually Alfred Sargents? I recognize some of the range as Sargents but I can't find the white bucks on Pediwear's site.

BTW, eat your hearts out guys, I live about 5 miles away from Pediwear, it's in Halifax the nearest "big" town to here.....

And there's an even better footwear shop in Halifax that isn't even online....

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
White buck wing-tips

Hemingway Jones said:
Wow! Those white buck wing-tips are sweet!
As to those Saddle shoes, are they technically "Saddle Shoes?" Isn't there supposed to be a band of constrasting color going down the center? Or is this a variation of Saddle Shoe?
In any case, they are really nice.

I wrote and asked when they might have a 12D in again. I love those shoes!!

Bart

Familiar Face
Jodhpur boots

An interesting web site has good looking boots at what seem to be very good prices: tuffaboots.com. If your in the market for boots in this style it's worth a look.

geo

[are you guys sure that those Brooks Bros white nubucks are actually Alfred Sargents? I recognize some of the range as Sargents but I can't find the white bucks on Pediwear's site.
/QUOTE]

Some of the Peal BB shoes are identical to the Sargent Premier range, some are made for BB only and are not found in the Sargent collection.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Here's an English shoe called, I believe, "The Falkirk." Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about it. Dandified to the limit. Would you say that it goes overboard? Could you get away with wearing it?

falkirksized7el.jpg

shindeco

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
Here's an English shoe called, I believe, "The Falkirk." Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about it. Dandified to the limit. Would you say that it goes overboard? Could you get away with wearing it?

I'd be inclined not to wear it but compared with some of the running shoes you see nowadays...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran