Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style #5

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Mine arrive yesterday. I put it reading it ahead of the two 1938 issues of Esquire that I won on Ebay. Great issue, especially Tim's bowtie story (but where was the mention of NBC newsman and bowtie-wearer Irving R. Levine?) and the Astaire story. I wish Torregrossi would give Fred the same treatment he gave Cary Grant.

PS: Just kidding about the Levine thing. I don't expect many people to remember him at all. Older co-workers called me that when I wore a bowtie once since that was before Tucker "Clueless" Carlson who has since ditched the bowtie)

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
After recently being told by a clerk at my local Barnes & Noble Booksellers that they would no longer be carrying Classic Style, yesterday I decided to do a little "investigative shopping", and, lo and behold, what did I find in the racks at B&N? You guessed it, the current issue of Classic Style. This is the first issue I've had the pleasure of seeing firsthand, and I must say I am very impressed. Being a Bow Tie guy myself, I especially enjoyed Tim's article. I sincerely hope to see Classic Style around for years to come, and I for one, certainly intend to support it in the future!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Received two copies of #5 in the mail yesterday. Another excellent issue. It's nice to see that some vendors are supporting MK's effort with continued advertising. I wonder if there is anything FL members could do to help increase the advertising revenue? This magazine definitely fills a niche and that needs to be recognized by more clothiers and hatters.

$ally

One Too Many
Mine came in the mail last week. Wonderful issue and hats off to Brian Arundel. Long life the marathon run, I say!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
After asking my local Barnes and Noble for a couple of weeks about the new issue I stopped in today. I had been camping over the weekend and dropped by to find the issue there. :) Then I went to the front to pay and found I had no money. :(
Tomorrow it shall be mine.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
I picked-up #5 at my local Barnes and Noble yesterday - I have been checking them for a few weeks. I have only had the chance to give it a quick once over but it looks great! I hope to really dig in to it tonight.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
JohnnyGringo said:
After recently being told by a clerk at my local Barnes & Noble Booksellers that they would no longer be carrying Classic Style, yesterday I decided to do a little "investigative shopping", and, lo and behold, what did I find in the racks at B&N? You guessed it, the current issue of Classic Style.
Ah yes, this happens quite a bit. It's the buyers- they tell you no more, and then it shows up. Our buyer told us it was a no-go, so when it showed up at my boyfriend's store last night, he picked it up. When I got back from lunch this afternoon, I got a note that it had come in. Newsstand is a crap shoot in that place...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Still no CS in the mail.

I called yesterday to see if they got my subscription in Jan. or Feb. but the gentleman who answered said everyone was at a trade show and he wasn't able to look it up for me. [huh]

The waiting game continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy