Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style Media Kit

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I was running a search on the site using Google when I stumbled across the media kit for Classic Style magazine. The kit mentions having a focus group of over 3,000 members (the Lounge) that serves as "a continuous source of subscribers and demographic information."

When I considered that the Lounge now has close to 20,000 members I wondered if perhaps the magazine had been launched a bit early; if it would have fared better a few years later with significantly more members of the Lounge as potential subscribers. Then I considered that (not having access to figures like the bartenders would) the areas I routinely check in to do not seem to have significantly more people posting then when we had 3-4,000 members. I know we have a lot of lurkers but wonder if there is a rolling average number of members that post and come by regularly, with some dropping off (without deleting their account) as others become members.

Of course, there was the economic meltdown to contend with, too.

Ah, well. The kit may be of interest to some. I think I'll go peruse my copies of Classic Style again.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to recall that the problem wasn't subscribers but a lack of advertisers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran