Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Amazing Johnathan, the ‘Freddy Krueger of comedy,’ dead at 63​

A lot of years ago my wife and I went to a comedy show, and The Amazing Johnathan was one of the "warm up" acts. His whole routine was pretty much what you see in that video, and he was so manic that most of us in the audience laughed the whole time. Sorry to hear he's gone, but I don't think he was well known enough to be in the "Notable Passings" thread.

The Amazing Johnathan, the ‘Freddy Krueger of comedy,’ dead at 63​

I remember him from a show in the 80s called, "Make Me Laugh." The premise of the show was that a contestant would sit in a chair and three comedians had a minute apiece to make the contestant laugh. The longer you held out, the more you won.

Others on the show I remember were Bruce Baum, The Unknown Comic, and once even Henny Youngman.

caiGktF.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I think it's funny that so many still think we celebrate on St. Patrick's Day because he "drove the snakes out of Ireland". :rolleyes:
Patrick's Christian conversion ended slavery, human sacrifice, and most inter tribal warfare in Ireland. He did not banish the snakes: Ireland never had any. Scholars now consider snakes a metaphor for the serpent of paganism.
st. patrick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner