Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

54de54b448bfa03a43f38412fdbf4ed1.jpg

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Get out while you can. Far too many disasters for my taste. Give me Pennsylvania, where all the politicians are crooked, the roads are not straight, the gas tax is the second highest in the nation, and the nutcases are looking to replace the crooked ones as our representatives. Everywhere, it's getting worse, and, it probably won't get better any time soon.

Just another example of how the lunatics have taken control of the asylum that is California, and why I'm seriously considering the idea of living elsewhere...if I can ever figure out where that might be.
I didn’t read the 2035 mandate but as I understand it it only prohibits the sale of fossil fueled cars? What’s to keep residents from buying new fossil fueled cars in AZ, NV or OR?

If you’re looking for a new state to move to make sure you’re not color blind.

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
I suppose, as in most states, you need to register your car to the state in which you reside. California willl probably refuse to register fossil-fueled vehicles. Also, they may get rid of all the gas stations in the state. Anyway, it won't make much difference, since it will probably either dry up and blow away, burn completely up, wash away in a landslide after all the torrential rains, for just fall off when the big one hits.

I didn’t read the 2035 mandate but as I understand it it only prohibits the sale of fossil fueled cars? What’s to keep residents from buying new fossil fueled cars in AZ, NV or OR?

I suppose, as in most states, you need to register your car to the state in which you reside. California willl probably refuse to register fossil-fueled vehicles. Also, they may get rid of all the gas stations in the state. Anyway, it won't make much difference, since it will probably either dry up and blow away, burn completely up, wash away in a landslide after all the torrential rains, for just fall off when the big one hits.
I suspect LostinTyme is correct--the Governor and others responsible for "running" the state will simply no longer allow gas powered vehicles to be registered here. They'll probably also add a law to the books that states something to the effect that after such-and-such date any and all gas powered vehicles being driven within state borders will be confiscated, impounded, and destroyed, all at the owner's/driver's cost, and probably all under the purview of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21