Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleaning a Vintage Nintendo Baseball Cap

I don't think you can do anything about the bleed. I have had success cleaning ball caps with a lingerie soap and Luke warm water but tread carefully as the bleed indicates poor colour absorption of the dye and you could make it much worse.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I have this vintage Nintendo Baseball cap that has some weird white marks on it and some color bleeding in the embroidery. If anyone has some information on how to clean/restore it I would be very grateful.

https://imgur.com/a/Y3ARXYC (Picture of hat)
You can wash a baseball cap in the sink with warm water and dish washing soap. Then form the bill and let it dry. As far as ink bleeding I think you're screwed.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can wash a baseball cap in the sink with warm water and dish washing soap. Then form the bill and let it dry. As far as ink bleeding I think you're screwed.
I will second this. don't use the dishwasher with this hat. If you go down to Lids I think they have some cleaning agents for their hats. Outside of that maybe try a magic eraser and see if that does anything. Remember to use it on a small area first.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails