Clinch Jodhpur Boots Black overdyed Horsebutt CN Last Review

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Robbie79, Aug 14, 2020.

1. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Absolutely gorgeous boots! Clinch are one of the very best boot makers around. I absolutely adore mine and those look stunning. Their design is absolutely unmatched for laceless boots IMO. Beautiful leather as well. Need some fit pics too!

Robbie79 likes this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

Is there any place in Europe where I could order these from?

3. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Monitor As far as I know DC4 https://dc4.de/brands/clinch-boots.html
    will re-order Clinch Engineer Boots from Brass Tokyo in August/September for December shipment. Deposit of approximately 50% is necessary upon order placement. Perhaps they are open for ordering Jodhpur boots as well. I ordered directly from Japan (Burma Shave store). Shin-san is very responsive and reliable. Shipment only took 6-7 days including weekend. I’m sure Shin-san will let you know when he places a new order. If you contact him, please send him my regards. Good luck! Cheers, Robbie

Monitor likes this.
  4. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Pancho & Lefty or Clutch Café do stock some Clinch and might be able to help putting down a custom order.

Monitor likes this.
  5. Pdawg

Pdawg One of the Regulars

What leather is this? The grain is fantastic.

6. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

It’s 4mm thick black OVERDYE horsebutt

Pdawg likes this.
  7. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks I forgot to mention them

8. Monitor

Monitor

@Robbie79 , @Mich486 , thanks a lot for the info. Was hoping it wouldn't be this easy so... I guess I have no choice but to ask now. But in all seriousness, I've never seen a pair of footwear that I liked more. I mean, I love engineers but that's sorta expected as they go with this style we're here for but these are pure <3.

Shouldn't be throwing any more money on clothes but who am I kidding...

Mich486 and Robbie79 like this.
  9. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nice hide. I like the stretch marks too. I am increasingly interested in the idea of a pair of engineers in a teacore hide.

Robbie79 likes this.
  10. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@dudewuttheheck Thanks for your positive feedback and for your recommendations and help. Without your help I would have never bought these boots as I simply would have not believed that the quality of the boots is that high! I will post fit pics as soon as it’s getting colder...30C+ is not a boots weather at all...just flip flops

11. Dredgen Yor

Dredgen Yor New in Town

Hello all, first day posting long time lurker. For a long time I thought the Italians had the market cornered and saint Laurent Jodhpur’s or wyatts were the finest boots I’d ever seen or was a 100% certain my L17 was the best double riders leather jacket I had ever seen until I stumbled upon TFL... a big thank you to the forum members here who went down a deep rabbit hole before me and helped me to appreciate the nearly stitch perfect construction techniques and vastly superior quality of leather Japanese brands like clinch, red kloud, RMC and freewheelers utilize. Awesome boots man. Awesome forum.
    Ps I’m still not getting rid of my L17.

12. dudewuttheheck

I am always happy to be an enabler :cool:
    Hope you love them! They look absolutely amazing.

Haha it's always boot weather for me, but I'm an idiot... Can't wait to see them!

13. dudewuttheheck

Welcome!

Are you thinking of White Kloud? He makes boots. Red Cloud is a denim brand from China. Just want to clarify and make sure there isn't a bootmaker called Red Kloud that I haven't heard of that I would now need to research.

Hey if you have something you love, no need to get rid of it.

Dredgen Yor likes this.
  14. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Late in the game, but I can only echo what everybody else said: outstanding boots! Never seen leather like this on a boot. Congrats on a superb find. Hope you will like them for years to come!

Robbie79 likes this.
  15. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

If I got me a nickel for every time I used the exact same words then I could afford a house big enough to fit my wardrobe.
    Congrats on your great shoes!

Robbie79 likes this.
  16. Dredgen Yor

Dredgen Yor New in Town

Oops, you are 100% correct. Or maybe I’m from the future?

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  17. dudewuttheheck

haha you could be and I wouldn't know :D

Dredgen Yor likes this.
  18. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@dudewuttheheck As promised and just in case you haven't seen my fit pics at "How many new jackets..." I'm giving myself the permission to double-post the fit pics...this is an exception...promised ;) I'm just fishing for compliments (haha) as I'm so happy with this combo:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    You are forgiven...;). A great combo.

Robbie79 likes this.
  20. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Robbie, this would complete your ensemble nicely.

download (1).jpg