Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clipper Craft Overcoat

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
This coat is amazing... It is beautiful, and I think the photos will give you a good idea of what I mean.

Is anyone familiar with the Clipper Craft Brand?

I've got several pieces by Clipper Craft, and they seem to be very well made vintage pieces.

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

Rooster

Practically Family
Baron, More info on WPL number? I'm unfamiliar with this. I have a Clipper Craft suit that probably dates to the early to mid 50's.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
WPL and other potential clues...

You may be wrong about the date, but you're the first person who has ever explained what the WPL stands for. So, the manufacturers were required to print their WPL number on all wool clothes? If so, this could be a great way to date older items. Also, what about all of the other mumbo jumbo on the tags, does any of it mean anything to you? I'm thinking that the method of printing could offer some clues that you wouldn't normally find on vintage clothes.

Have you seen the slacks I posted in this thread? http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=485165&posted=1#post485165 Several different tags are shown in those photos.

Baron Kurtz said:
I'm wrong. The wool product labeling (WPL) act was 1939. RN (registered identification number) is the number i was thinking of. I think these were introduced later.

bk

Rooster

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm wrong. The wool product labeling (WPL) act was 1939. RN (registered identification number) is the number i was thinking of. I think these were introduced later.

bk
Thanks BK.

psikey

New in Town
Clipper Craft

I listen to a lot of old Sherlock Holmes radio shows and Clipper Craft was the sponsor. Sport coats from $20-$35, overcoats $45, etc. The items were sold at "ten hundred fifty six" stores. Never a sale - their prices were always so good!

Thought you might like this bit of info.

Elaine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats