Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coat Hammer Space

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
I'm a student who often buys little things at the supermarket daily. I'm quite tired of presenting my bag for inspection each day, when I just want a couple of things each time.

I was thinking perhaps I could get a long coat and modify it to carry a lot the things I require each day. Though it couldn't work for everything...

Do any of you rig your coats to carry more little odds and ends? What do you have inside them? Anything interesting or out of the ordinary?

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Ummm... not quite sure what you mean. Bag Inspection? When you're shopping? I don't know about where you are, but here, if you put small items in your pockets you get a ride home from the cops... Maybe I'm not understanding.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
People usually get bags and backpacks to carry things because they've run out of room in their pockets. I would suspect if you started wearing a jacket with pockets bulging from a variety of implements, they'd start searching that as well, defeating the purpose. Grin and bear it - by checking your bags, they're making sure nobody's shoplifting, which keeps the cost for the average Joe lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff