Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cock-pit vintage g1 jacket

kojax

Practically Family
i am looking for a jacket for my brother for his birthday. looking at the cockpit gi vintage goatskin anybody here have one . on there website the jacket looks broken in preety well thanks

pauleway

Practically Family
i am looking for a jacket for my brother for his birthday. looking at the cockpit gi vintage goatskin anybody here have one . on there website the jacket looks broken in preety well thanks
I have one and it is a very nice jacket. The goatskin leather is very soft and pebbled, and the collar is a smaller size like the originals were. If you do order one get one size up from his normal size because they run a little small. I have an original 1962 Ralph Edwards G-1 and I prefer the Cockpit over the original! I'm sure he will be very pleased with the jacket.

kojax

Practically Family
i want to get him the cockpit usa g1 vintage jacket. what size should i get him he is between 36-38 thanks alot

stevers

New in Town
Cockpit g1

Hi,just thought i would contribute my thoughts on the cockpit g1 vintage.Im an avid collector of flight jackets with a passion for the g1/m422a etc.3 years ago i purchased the vintage g1 from cockpit and i can honestly say the quality of the goatskin leather they have used is absolutely fantastic,it is thick and soft,workmanship is excellent.Of all the jackets i own which includes G+F,H+L Block,monarchs but to name a few the leather used is in my view better than originals and that includes my G+f m422a i hate to say.There is one or two slight design floors compared to the original m422a but only a flight jacket boffin like me would spot.sad isnt it.Iwould also recommend a medium size 40 for a36/38 chest. Steve

kojax

Practically Family
hello again i got the sizes wrong i was trying to say my son fits in to a size 36 sport jacket and a 38 sport jacket, what do you think the 38 cockpit g1 jacket should fit him sorry for the wrong information. hard buying jackets on line thanks again kojax

normanf

One of the Regulars
With leather, a little big is better than too small. In my opinion, you should take your son down to a good leather store to try on a few jackets to get the correct size. I'm sure he'll find a size he likes, which you can then buy him. That's a good idea before you buy one online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay