Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cold Climate? Here's THE Hat - Stormy Kromer

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I just got a new cap that I'm pretty wild about.

stormy.jpg

A Stormy Kromer, in red. A super cap that fits perfectly (order by hat size rather than S,M,L). It's warm as can be! Look sharp, be sharp! :)
The quality is excellent. 100% wool with a quilted black liner. This cap showed up on William Powell's head in Heavenly Body, a rather bad film but spotting the cap made it worthwhile. Now I have to find the coat he wore...

This goes perfectly with a terrific red plaid jacket I picked up from a fellow member and good friend.

It's been 25 degrees F here in Ohio. What the Maine kids call Sweater Weather. The pictures on the website make it look Old Timey, and I thought that it would probably look like new material when it arrived, but it looks just like the picture. An Old Timey red. Basically unchanged since 1903.
Highly recommended.

http://www.stormykromer.com

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nice and warm

There's no more old timey cap, nor a better made cap, nor any warmer cap than my Stormy Kromer, which I have busted out of storage as it has been in the low 30's and spitting snow. It shouts Normal Rockwell!!

Get One!

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered one of these last year before I was into civilian headgear. It's a reproduction of a M1907 US Army Winter Hat.:
hat071.jpg

from this site
http://www.aefsupply.com/uniforms.htm
It's actually a very warm hat for cold weather...and it's different. I wear it with the wool side of the folded neck and earflaps on the outside, the way the doughboys wore them. Looks a little less like a Wehrmacht M-43 cap that way. The price is is very reasonable for a well made repro. If I get pictures I'll post them. I have to pray for a camera to drop in my lap first.

dean

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari