Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colombian hats?

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I purchased my first panama hat from Montecristi Custom Hats, and I believe that I overpaid. Go to their regular website at montecristihats.com and compare quality and prices with Panama Bob.

As for their Colombian made hats, I know nothing.

BR

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I´ve handled them recently and they are on the order of a medium grade fino from Cuenca. I´ve had samples of them much finer, but only small portions of the hat. They are more firm than both Montecristi and Cuenca. I can´t seem to find a reliable source, or I´d have them all of the time. I´m actually in S. America now, but haven´t been to Suaza yet. Have been all around, but not Suaza. Have some nice Colombian hats from other weaving villages.

fmw

One Too Many
The hats are badly named. While there are panama hats woven in Colombia, they are not in Montecristi. Montecristi is a place and it is in Ecuador. There's a fellow on Ebay that misleads by calling his Cuenca hats Montecristo. Not misspelled but misleading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy