Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

common size in mens fedoras.

59Lark

Practically Family
i may end up with a few more hats than i want in buying some, and i want to know what the average head size or most common size hats are so. i will be able to move the extra hats instead of being stuck with them for ever. I take a fairly large hat, 7 3/4 and am told that this is really large and far from common and it has to be made for me. So loungers what is the most common size fedoras, the sizes that the larger masses of consumer wear. 59Lark.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
59Lark said:
i may end up with a few more hats than i want in buying some, and i want to know what the average head size or most common size hats are so. i will be able to move the extra hats instead of being stuck with them for ever. I take a fairly large hat, 7 3/4 and am told that this is really large and far from common and it has to be made for me. So loungers what is the most common size fedoras, the sizes that the larger masses of consumer wear. 59Lark.

A 59! 7 3/8

suitedcboy

One Too Many
A few years back when a friend of mine was opening a western store, I looked through his hat catalogs and paperwork. The suggestions in one of the books for stocking hats listed suggested order quantities and 7 1/8 and 7 1/4 were the highest numbers. Hats are of course unisex and the numbers probably shift a size larger for males and would slide down a couple of sizes for females.
My seat of the pants feeling from looking over Ebay listings for years is that those two sizes are most popular in the offered hats there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21