Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conformer/conformatur

dopey

One of the Regulars
I would like to hear from people who have experience using a conformer/conormatur. Specifically, I am interested in purchasing a new hat and also cleaning up some of my old hats and the vintage hats I purchased on ebay that I decide to keep.

My existing hats are each a bit snug and I thought it would make sense to have them blocked to the exact size, as determined by a conformer, along with some of my ebay keepers. I also would like to order a new hat and would like the fit to be dead on. Since I can’t visit the hatter, the conformer seems like the best option.

First: would readers let me know which hatters use a conformer by mail (I assume only the plastic version I have read about are possible).
Second: How has the experience worked?
Finally: Does this make sense for re-blocking or only for new orders?

Thanks all.

Coming soon: An update to my “what did I buy?� thread as well as a post about what an idiot I am for not realizing I had a beautiful gray vintage 40s Borsalino fedora sitting in my closet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy