Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contract Aero 38-1711-P / Sizing question

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello everybody!

Anyone out there who has an

Aero Leather A-2, Contract Aero 38-1711-P in size 38 ?

Could you please tell me the measurements of the

shoulder (straight across the back from seam to seam) and the
pit2pit

of this size ?!

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Austria,

Johannes

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I have, but I am away from home for a while, I can only tell you during the weekend if nobody replies by then.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hi!

Meanwhile I've got the measurements by Rachel from Aero Leather. She says that a size 40 of the 38 contract has a pit2pit of 21.75" and shoulders are 17.75". This sounds realistic for me and would fit me perfectly (back length and sleeves would have to get customized). So I have ordered an Aero A2 contract 38-1711-P and will do a detailed review on the F.L. when I've got it (waiting time is about six months now).

Interestingly my other Aero A2 of the same contract and tag size had a pit2pit of 23.3" (have sold it). In my opinion under the Will-/ Amanda-era sizing was rather unclear and seemed to be haphazard . If a custumer was not happy with the sizing, they frankly offered a replacement, and - after my personal experiences - the replacement always had a less good leather - either unmatched or really thin at some parts, different grain, etc..

Rachel from Aero Leather also told me that the patterns have been re-worked since Ken came back to take charge again so they are all how the should be and to original specifications.

This are fine news, and I am looking forward to my new Aero A2 which of course will be presented her at the F.L..

With kind regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Well, you are right, my jacket was probably made a few years ago since I acquired it from someone else.

But you know the previous Aero, you can ask them to alter pretty much everything. Huge variations among a single size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy