Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a beautiful waistcoat. If it had fit me I definitely would have bid.

eBayISAPI.dll

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Macheath said:

Hahaha I won this item!
The suit is at the cleaner as we speak! For $60 it was a steal. My only complaint is that someone in the past found the pants to be too long and so ****yikes**** cut the material and did away with the cuff and made a straight hem. They are the perfect length for me though. But would have been nice to have the cuff.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was tempted but then got nervous about the size. Originally it said waist
38" and I was fine but then it changed to chest 38" absolute 40. Then the wind was taken out of my sail. It looks like it would be great for Feraud. Like you I hope some here got it so I can live vicariously.

Marc, I can't get over how much your baby looks like you. Very Cool...

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Great to know that it fits, Chad.

I was really hoping a lounger had snagged it. Let's see some pics when after the cleaners do their thing!

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

A 1930s suit worth every penny:
Vtg-3-PC-1940s-50s-UNIQUE-BLACK-external-pocket-SUIT-S_W0QQitemZ260405119754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing

This is a certain fabric that seems to always match. I have heard it called graduation cloth, with the idea that it was used for graduation suits for poorer folks who were buying one suit.

Makes sense it would be a belted back if it is young guy.

lagunie

New in Town
I can't believe I missed the 1939 Worlds Fair cufflink/belt buckle auction. I have been looking for them for the past year. Damn! I ended up last week on getting two glass WF buttons (identical to the Ebay items) and putting on cufflink backs. If I could figure out how to post photo from Photobucket I would but can't - sorry. They do look pretty good though.

There is still that illusive WF :rage: necktie out there - someday!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:

Incredible, pretty rare, DEADSTOCK 1930s men's white ventilated summer shoes ... at a very low price:
Vintage-1940s-WW2-Shoes-Spectator-New-Old-Stock_W0QQitemZ190307142282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Shoes

I have a pair of Weyenberg's and they are great shoes.

The Florsheim sons that could not work with the old man ended up working at Weyenbergs and ironically when Florsheim was bought out by WEYCO (Weyenbergs) the sons got control of Florsheims after all!

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Yikes!

Chad Sanborn said:
I saw this suit listed and thought about bidding on it. But what concerned me more than the hole, was the blood stains still on it. They probably wouldn't come out.

Question is, would you have the hole fixed or would you leave it as a great conversation piece?

I saw this suit, too. I'm not keen on wearing a suit in which the previous owner was shot. That's freaky-deaky. :shudder:

Warbaby

One Too Many
I thought the bullet hole was a pretty cool touch - I'd leave the hole and wear it as is. Interesting to note that the seller listed this suit earlier in the month and it went unsold at $9.95 with no bids. I was going to bid on it then, but forgot and missed the end of the auction. Dang.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
I thought the bullet hole was a pretty cool touch - I'd leave the hole and wear it as is. Interesting to note that the seller listed this suit earlier in the month and it went unsold at $9.95 with no bids. I was going to bid on it then, but forgot and missed the end of the auction. Dang.
Must have been a glitch in the system, or a poor listing, or some such. Even the pants alone are worth ten bucks, and if you had to repair it, it surely would cost less than 100 bucks, which would make it a good deal.

Didn't notice. Is it linen or palm beach?

I don't know what exactly makes it a bullet hole? If someone were shot in it, why would they keep it, and go to the trouble of cleaning out the blood?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR