Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

D

DeaconKC

Well, I'm slow as usual, but I sent you an email for the next list. Thanks!

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I'm also going to watch this space for the next list.

I just got a pretty new fountain pen and I'd love to write something more exciting than course notes with it. :)

miss_elise

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I don't mind having anyone extra, if you don't mind having me that is! Should you want to correspond with a girl in the UK (oh how interesting) send me your address & I shall whip out my new fountain pen & get scribbling :D
well if you don't mind corresponding with a colonial, i shall pm you now...

Adele

One of the Regulars
Ohh, I would love to get on the next list!

Darn for me not finding this sooner. I'm always wanting to write letters, but no one I am friends with is really all interested. Actually one of my friends was like, "Letters? No way. There's e-mail."

D

DeaconKC

Just got this beautiful old Sheaffer today! i need a pen pal to try it out!
Sovereign002.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
Have started to post a reply to this thread, then changed my mind a dozen times, not sure why other than I'm just shy...gonna post before I change my mind again, add me to your list.

Darhling said:
add me as well! I am not sure I will be able to write era-appropirate though, but I would love to give it a try!

We have to be era appropriate?!!! Is it too late to back out???!!! lol lol lol

I would like to apologise to my list, I'm currently in the middle of a house move & an awful Child Development module in my course!! I think that Sunday will be reserved for writing (& relaxing no doubt!!!!)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dollydaydream said:
We have to be era appropriate?!!! Is it too late to back out???!!! lol lol lol ...

I don't believe there is a requirement (or even an expectation) to be "era appropriate". There was another thread that started an "era appropriate" (for lack of a better term) attempt to correspond. I participated in that and exchanged several letters with another member. Then, to quote Forest Gump, "and just like that, she was gone." For whatever reason, that project didn't get off the ground (at least with me and my "vintage" pen pal).

I have really enjoyed corresponding with several members here. Like has been said earlier, just getting a letter or card in the mail is nice. It is at first somewhat awkward (at least for me) to write to someone I do not know at all. But, after a couple of letters it is much easier. I would encourage more folks to get involved with this "pen pal project". I believe you will enjoy corresponding with each other. I know I do.

D

DeaconKC

If anyone wants to write to a fat, boring old married guy in USA. pm me.

eldonkr

Familiar Face
I'd always love to get a letter from someone. Anyone who'd like to write me is welcome to, I'll write back.

I'm 20 years old. I'm taking basics in college, English 112, World Civ, and American History 101.

I play video games. RPG's, not J-RPG's usually. Strategy and RTS. I am a big fan of podcasts. I have my own podcast, the link is in my signature. I read books. Harry Dresden books, Koontz, Laurrrel K. Hamilton. Thriller, mystery, crime. All of that fun stuff.

Put something in the mail for me.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
olive bleu said:
Did this ever get going?? I thought i put my name on the list[huh]

Yeah, this go round was a bit lagging. I didnt get any letters from my new pals. :( I was hoping this time someone would write to me first instead of it always being the other way around. Oh well.

If there are people who are serious about starting it up again, Id be game :)

LD

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Yeah, this go round was a bit lagging. I didnt get any letters from my new pals. :( I was hoping this time someone would write to me first instead of it always being the other way around.

:eek: I would be one of those naughty pals. :eek:
It seems we were both hoping for the others to write first. :eusa_doh:lol
If you're still game I'll drop you a note immediately.
If not, you can put me back in the pool and I'll promise to write first to at least one of my new pals. :eek: ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran