Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
Inspired by a thread in another forum:

Would anyone be interested in corresponding with other members per letter? I imagine it could be fun and would as well be period correct for the Golden Era - especially when using a nice fountain pen and stationery...:)

If anyone´s interested, you could just add a reply to this thread, stating you´re in and whoever wants to get your address sends you a request via PM, so no private information would have to be visible in public.
Maybe it would also be helpful for potential correspondents, if everyone added a short biographical sketch and/or list some of their hobbies/interests.

So here´s mine:

I´m 23 years old, study art history - just finished my first year - and my hobbies include reading (some favourites: HP Lovecraft, Umberto Eco, just too many to list them :) ), playing guitar and a few other instruments, homerecording and writing, mostly poetry. I do a little drawing now and then and enjoy cooking.

Regards, A.

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
Nice to see some people are interested in this! :)

Unfortunately I can neither receive nor send PM´s or emails, it seems - do you have to have reach a certain number of posts before these features get activated? Or could it be that I just overlooked them? [huh]

But I created an email account instead: fl-correspondence@web.de, that should do for now. So if anyone wants to leave their address, I ´d too have an excuse for paying the stationery shop a little visit. ;)

As for scented letters...I do agree with Rosie, I think. lol

Regards, A.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Polyhistor said:

Unfortunately I can neither receive nor send PM´s or emails, it seems - do you have to have reach a certain number of posts before these features get activated? Or could it be that I just overlooked them? [huh]

But I created an email account instead: fl-correspondence@web.de, that should do for now. So if anyone wants to leave their address, I ´d too have an excuse for paying the stationery shop a little visit. ;)

Regards, A.

Yes...you do have to hit a certain number of posts...I beleive its 15....in order to PM

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Polyhistor said:

Regards, A.

Once you reach 15 posts, you will.

LD

Irena

One of the Regulars
Ooh, pen-pals! I'm in!

So, if you go through some of my posts and don't think it'll be too hard to read a letter from me, PM me and we can exchange a little information. I'd be willing to have 50 pen-pals, as long as they will write back!

Irena.

S

Samsa

I've always wanted a correspondent! I never really had the chance to write letters to people...I've compensated by reading the letters of famous people (Allen Ginsberg, Robert Lowell, etc.)

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
Tony in Tarzana said:
That's what I did and now I'm over 600 posts! :eek:

Touch of the OCD, maybe? [huh]

Nice hat you got there (in your avatar pic)! :D What do you call that type of hat again?

Seems I´ll have to really drive up my post count by a few, as being able to PM will make things a bit easier (and I´ll be able to vote in the chocolate poll lol ).

Regards, A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass