Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by Polyhistor, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Practically Family

This is such a lovely idea. I'm in :) Particularly ladies who live somewhere further away. It's so interesting to hear about different places and cultures.

2. Naphtali

Naphtali Practically Family

Hmmm. . . how does this work, or how might it work? I just query someone for that person's address, then make the first effort?? This might instill backbone to communicate with mishpucha in the midwest.

3. I guess... big problem is a lot of shy wallflowers, waiting for somebody else to make the first move (speaking as one of 'em, so I'm identifying the issue, not criticizing us who have it).

4. Anwen

Anwen New in Town

*waves*

Me, me, I love penpals! I used to have scads of them, in my teens. I have ADD so am sometimes a bit slow remembering to reply, but I'm lovely really ;) I'm in the UK, would particularly love to write in French or Italian (or Welsh) as I really need to practice those, but I'd like penpals anywhere.

5. guellimus

guellimus New in Town

I haven't had a penpal since I was in Kindergarten, this sounds like a great plan. I'm in if anyone needs someone to write to!

6. Mirinda

Mirinda New in Town

This thread is such a fantastic idea!

I'd love to find a penpal that doesn't mind to find some grammar mistakes in his/her letters, since English is not my first language :rolleyes:

7. Scuffy

Scuffy One of the Regulars

I'm definitely up for it! I, like most, am guilty of typing a vast majority of things nowadays but I also love to truly write things out. Up until about 6 months ago I kept a fairly detailed journal. It lasted about 4 years but it fell by the wayside as I've become too busy. :( So this would be a great chance to brush up on my penmanship! :D :D

8. Shirin

Shirin A-List Customer

I know what you mean! I'm one of the only people I know (besides my dad and sis) that even send out Holiday cards anymore. I'll be your pen pal if you don't have anybody yet.

9. Adele

Adele One of the Regulars

I've enjoyed this thoroughly with my first pen pal - anyone who does not have one yet or is interested in an additional, by all means send me a P.M. :)

10. Claireg

Claireg One of the Regulars

ooo, ooo, I want a penpal pleeeeeaasee!!
    PM me for my address!
    xx

11. Miss Dizzy Dame

Miss Dizzy Dame Familiar Face

this is a nice idea since no one writes letters anymore.

12. Claireg

Claireg One of the Regulars

I know, i wrote in my blog just the other day about that.
    I have a feeling that letter writing will become de riguer again soon, as all retro things tend to. I think everyone is sick of just getting bills in the mail.
    I love buying those lovely letter wrting sets, you know the ones in boxes or folders, you can put all your recieved mail in them too.

13. Cricket

Cricket Practically Family

I think this is a great idea. People just don't write anymore. I send letters to friends at times. Know what I get? A phone call to inform me that they got my letter, but no letter back. :eusa_doh:
    Also, being a reporter, tapping on the keyboard all day can be annoying. I love getting out on the job just so I can use a pen and jot notes.

Pen pals...great idea.

14. JennyLou

JennyLou Practically Family

I love writing letters. I usually send them to my friends but they respond with a call or e-mail.

I'll be a pen pal!!! Feel free to send me a PM for my address.

15. thecardigankid

thecardigankid One of the Regulars

I'm game!

16. buddy5909

buddy5909 One of the Regulars

Best Idea Ever!!!

I would LOVE to be a PenPal! It is soo much fun getting a handwritten letter in the mail. When I get a letter that is hand addressed I get so excited. :)

17. buddy5909

buddy5909 One of the Regulars

Looks like I can't PM anyone yet :( I'd REALLY like to be a PenPal so PM me - Please :D

18. Sincerely-Dee

Sincerely-Dee One of the Regulars

This is such an amazing idea

I used to write to my grandmother up to about 8...maybe I'll send her another letter sometimes.

I don't mind being anyone's pen pal.

19. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

My grandmother and I correspond quite frequently via letters. I love getting them in the mailbox!

20. Puzzicato

Puzzicato One Too Many

My grandfather and I do too. He has always been a serious correspondent - there are three or four friends that he would exchange letters with twice a week - and as he has outlived them, he has missed those letters! So I have tried to step into the gap. Not very successfully, I manage fewer than once a month. But I do try!