Count the Hats!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Frunobulax, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Looking through the NOLA.COM website as part of my morning news perusal, one of the top features today is a slideshow of old Mardi Gras Parades. Canal Street, 1933 (click image for larger):

-49789516b7e59c09.jpg

Where are all those hats now?

2. RJR

RJR

WOW :shocked:

3. Fed in a Fedora

Fed in a Fedora Practically Family

NOLA.com?

That photo is great. I remember some hats were still around when I was a kid. The flambeaus were an amazing thing to see - as shown in the photo.

Where yat?

Welcome to the FL!

Fed - former ride operator at Da Beach

4. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Well, I don't live there - but my wife and I refer to it as our "second home." And I can tell ya where ya got 'dem shoes!

5. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

Taken from just a little below what was then the D.H. Holmes department store on Canal just off Bourbon. You can see the signs for the Loews State Theater and the Saenger in the background.

6. Maybe some of those hats ended up on Ebay?

7. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

14349176-mmmain.jpg

And another in the Times-Picayune today. This is the Sazerac bar, located in the Roosevelt Hotel. I've stayed here several times and drank in that bar. Next time I'll be sure to have a hat on.

Guy in the lower left corner is hoping his wife doesn't see the photo.:laugh: