Couple new motorcycle leathers came this week...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lucky23, Apr 20, 2019.

1. lucky23

lucky23 One of the Regulars

One is a Schott Cycle Riders CHP jacket:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other is a goatskin Langlitz Columbia from 2007:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Schott fits great. an almost perfect 44R. Its a bit short in the front, but overall a fantastic buy. I think its a real policemans jacket because of the badge patch and heavy-duty belt loops.
    The Columbia is a bit of a disappointment. The length is fine, but its a bit big in the chest and the arms are a bit baggy. I suppose that's the risk you run buying a used custom made jacket. I just dropped it off at Langlitz to have the sleeves shortened 2 inches, so that will help. I can live with it I guess, or Ill sell/trade it. The quest for the perfect motorcycle jacket continues!

sweetfights, ton312, Mich486 and 3 others like this.
  2. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

Cool phone case!

3. JMax

JMax One Too Many

That Schott looks real nice. Glad it fits too, but darn it I should have gone for it lol.

ton312 and lucky23 like this.
  4. lucky23

Thanks for the tip on that one. The pics don't do it justice. It was an awesome surprise. Im a bit anal about details, so I hope it being a bit short doesn't stop me from wearing it. If I decide to sell it, you'll be the first one I contact.

JMax likes this.
  5. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nice. I especially like the design of the Langlitz, though agree the Schott is a better fit on you.

lucky23 likes this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

A rare victory for a Schott over Langlitz here. Both are nice but the Schott looks better all around. Kind of a David and Goliath of CHP’s happening here. Refreshing to see!

lucky23, dannyk and TREEMAN like this.
  7. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Man it looks like you can just reach into a stream and pick out a Langlitz over there, it probably helps living in Portland, they never show up in Europe. Great buys.

lucky23 likes this.
  8. lucky23

Haha! They're still pretty revered here in Portland, especially since the Japanese picked up the ball and made them appeal to the well-heeled hipster. But they've always been known as being the "serious" riders jacket here in the NW. I was just in Langlitz yesterday and they had a couple used beauties from the 50s and 60s on the rack. I can't go in there too often or I get into big financial trouble):

stmike, Gamma68 and dubpynchon like this.