Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Stallion Boot Co. Did pull them off the shelf today. Think I've had these close the 3 yrs. and this is maybe the 5th time out of the house. More bells and whistles on them than any I own. May be why I don't wear them much. Wingtips and foxing with brogueing. The wingtip and foxing overlays have a brown underlayment that appears as trim on the outside edge of the overlays and is visible through the punch holes of the brogueing. The pull straps have the same treatment and the shafts have two rows of stitching along with a row of buck stitching along each side of the side seam piping. These boots are black water buffalo but the brown trim makes them look more chocolate to me.
View attachment 153703 View attachment 153704 View attachment 153705
Way cool boots. Glad we got you to get em out.

Just landed these Nocona Boots. My first of this brand.

Nocona_01.JPG

Nocona_02.JPG

Nocona_03.JPG

Nocona_05.JPG

Nocona_04.JPG

Nocona_06.JPG

Is it certain that a pair of Nocona's with the stitched in white label are older, Made in USA?

I suppose it's difficult to speak with absolute certainty that they are. Without first hand knowledge, I must go on the research done by others that I trust and my experience with cowboy boots, as a wearer and collector.

There is a chronological history of the Nocona label, and the white label is an early one, but like most things mfg'd, there is often an overlap in labeling, pkg., marketing and such but I've never handled a pair of white label Noconas that were anything other than top of the line boots of the era. Have you?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ