Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crippling of Windows Vista due to content protection?

MattJH

One Too Many
Not to mention that Microsoft was already working on the creation and scheduled deployment of Vista Service Pack 1 before Vista was even released.

It took me a long, long time to go from DOS 6.22 to Windows 98. It took me a long time to go from Windows 98 to Windows ME (which was, in hindsight, a mistake). Windows ME was enough of a burn that I didn't change my OS again until Windows XP Professional was the standard for quite some time. I don't plan on migrating to Windows Vista anytime soon. This doesn't say very much -- my upgrade patterns are a result of distrust.

Phil

A-List Customer
I said this to Hemingway Jones and I'll say it here.
When asked the age old question, "Would you rather have it done, or done right?" Microsoft answered, "done." Vista has a lot of problems and bugs. I'm sure in a year or two when everything is worked out and people have cracked and hacked their way into the software and made patches and upgrades and such, then it will be a great OS. I know those apple commercials are gonna have a field day with this one.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Every Windoze version has had issues that have ultimately worked out to varying degrees. Probably best to find the version that works best for your hardware/software and stick with it. MS, Mac or Unix pay your money and make your choice.
In-Lurve.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana