Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zips / D pockets, discussion starter...

TheMarriedHermit

One of the Regulars
Have to admit, I always get a chuckle out of guys who wear WW2 flying jackets thinking they shouldn't go near a motorcycle jacket when they don't ride....
According to that kind of thinking the only time it's OK to wear a flight jacket is when one is on an airplane or at least at the airport, preferably during wartime.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think getting away from black leather is a good place to start. If we're talking about cultural associations, black cross zips are inevitably associated with Brando, the Ramones, punk etc, so it's a tough colour to wear in anything other than a casual setting. A cross zip in cordovan or brown to my eye has a much more stylish civilian look of a 30s or 40s jacket that is much more flexible. I wear my cordovan Bootlegger to work all the time and nobody comments on it:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...sneak-preview-of-new-designs-and-a-mug.90441/
These are old pics, it's much more broken in, though it can still stand on its own if it wants to, but it's a very cool jacket that can't see myself letting go of any time soon.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dan looking at the photos you've posted on the lounge in the past you'll rock the cross-zip look as easy as a teenage McDonald's worker can screw up my lunch order. Everyone's posted all the great stuff here, all I can add is my own top 3, not in any order: Thedi, Aero Bootlegger, ELMC Roadstar. Beautiful jackets each one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass