Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cucumbers for your eyes...

Lady Pearl

New in Town
your eyes?

*hand up*

I do find they make my eyes water alot, not sure if that's meant to happen. But my eyes sure do feel better after 20 mins of cucumber therapy (by that I mean a cucumber sitting on my eyes for a whole 20 mins)

Anyone made any face packs with cucumber? Haven't quite achieved that myself, too worried it'll go all wrong.

Lady Pearl

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
I have used them before but they never made my eyes water.
Cucumber also works great as a natural toner,just rub a slice over your face.It leaves your skin feeling clean & refreshed!(honest:) )Great for when you run out of your normal toner :)

Lady Pearl

New in Town
Mrs Cleaver said:
I have used them before but they never made my eyes water.
Cucumber also works great as a natural toner,just rub a slice over your face.It leaves your skin feeling clean & refreshed!(honest:) )Great for when you run out of your normal toner :)

They water ALOT..but they sure feel refreshed after.
I'm not the only one then! :D

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Lady Pearl said:
Anyone made any face packs with cucumber? Haven't quite achieved that myself, too worried it'll go all wrong.

Lady Pearl

I haven't done it myself, but I used to go to a bath house in Sydney where they would smear your face with wheatgerm oil and honey, and then pack on chilled grated cucumber and wrap you in a warm towel. It felt wonderful and my skin was so soft and smooth afterwards! But it really is something that needs to be done with help - it's hard to put grated cucumber on your own face.

Lady Pearl

New in Town
Helysoune said:
I would, but I can barely afford to buy them for eating with the price the stores are charging lately. lol
How much if you don't mind my asking :)

Puzzicato said:
I haven't done it myself, but I used to go to a bath house in Sydney where they would smear your face with wheatgerm oil and honey, and then pack on chilled grated cucumber and wrap you in a warm towel. It felt wonderful and my skin was so soft and smooth afterwards! But it really is something that needs to be done with help - it's hard to put grated cucumber on your own face.
lol I know, the first time I tried it I had to lie flat on the floor (wasn't comfortable), the juice was dripping and the grated cucumber would follow lol Now I just stick with the slices :)
(a Londoner on Fedora, how nice!)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lady Pearl said:
I guess no one likes cucumbers then :)

Lady Pearl, we all appreciate that you are so eager to tap into the wealth of information here, but you should realize that when you badger people to post, it kind of turns them off. And when you post something on a Friday evening, you just can't expect anyone to reply between 8pm Friday and 7:30AM Saturday - most of us are not glued to FL Friday night and Saturday morning!

Lady Pearl

New in Town
KittyT said:
Lady Pearl, we all appreciate that you are so eager to tap into the wealth of information here, but you should realize that when you badger people to post, it kind of turns them off. And when you post something on a Friday evening, you just can't expect anyone to reply between 8pm Friday and 7:30AM Saturday - most of us are not glued to FL Friday night and Saturday morning!

Well, you weren't turned off so it's not so bad after all ;)
Thanks for the advice :D

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Yum, cucumbers! I've tried putting them on my eyes before, and they do feel very refreshed afterwards. I read somewhere that they can help bags and swelling under the eyes or puffyness.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Tigerlily said:
Yum, cucumbers! I've tried putting them on my eyes before, and they do feel very refreshed afterwards. I read somewhere that they can help bags and swelling under the eyes or puffyness.

I like cooled, wrung out chamomile teabags for tired eyes - very refreshing and they reduce puffiness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda