Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuffed Jeans

Do you cuff or hem your jeans?

• Total voters
OK, here we go. Time for an disagreement......This is EXACTLY the look I do my very best to avoid....Crumpled legs (cause the jeans are too long) over big "hobnailed" boots.The look (in the UK) just screams EX SKINHEAD - the perpetrator will probably have (an illegal) Pit Bull Terrier in tow, and have LOVE and HATE tattooed on his fingers.Don't agree?? OK, so don't wear the look. Because, believe me, that IS the image you project:eeek::eeek::eeek::D;)
ocaf.jpg
PS. Bet you wear a type 3 Levi jacket........
Here is the US of A, plenty of folks wear that combo. Longer jeans are likely due to a guy riding a bike. There's plenty of those folks here, and I have no idea if they even know what a UK skinhead is, but it's a classic look here - esp if you ride certain types of bikes. Sometimes I sport that riding a Trumpet or going to car shows. Who gives a fudge about what someone might associate you with? Nothing I own/wear could get me into any offensive territory.Watch a few episodes of the Twilight Zone and you'll see lots of rebel yoots wearin' that! lol

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Major, ya gotta remember that Butte is an LA dude where anything goes. :D I remember growing up with Levi's jeans with, I think, raw denim, when the jeans would be at least 6" too long but would be too short by the final wear. ;)

I can't imagine the person who would think a short, long haired chap in old man glasses, big boots and cuffed denim, wandering around mumbling to himself about the vicissitudes of the narrow loom denim weaving industry and the sparcity of the London corozo button stock, would be dangerous …

[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149674/its-coming-right-for-us[/video]

Na....

You look like a f**ing skin (i.e THUG). Your friends are being kind......:D;)

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Major, ya gotta remember that Butte is an LA dude where anything goes. :D I remember growing up with Levi's jeans with, I think, raw denim, when the jeans would be at least 6" too long but would be too short by the final wear. ;)

I know what you are saying Fanch, but this (cuffed jeans and "doc martens")is a uniform in the UK - and in general, it infers (i.e a badge) a degree of extreme politics.

Guys is shorted cuffed jeans and big boots will often either be left-wing socios who believe Thatcher should have been publicly beheaded - or are members of the (fascist) EDL (English Defence League).

If that is what you wanna do with the clothes you wear - cool. But not for me.

And I would also NEVER wear crocs. But hey??????............................

alsendk

A-List Customer
4e8fda5538093image_zpscd1f4855.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

annex-brando-marlon-wild-one-the_04-628x836_zps5a85decf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brando-400_zpseb2ad79b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

images_zps61b185e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

kinopoiskru-James-Dean-340508_zps5b5be7a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Various lengh of cuffed jeans, from perhaps a lesser troubled era....UK too I guess.
Even the cops seem to wear them ?

alsendk

A-List Customer
Come to the North Of England, BK.

There are whole f***ing tribes of 'em.

Believe me, you would not want to be mistaken for one of them:eeek::D;)

skinhead-1_zps1b7d40ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A group of Gentlemen from UK

I actually like the cloth that they seem to have chosen for their uniform.
I have a sage MA1 jacket myself that I wear quite often in the streets of Copenhagen, and often I wear the MA1 with my Martens boots, though a shorter shaft.
Of course I meet danish skinheads in the city center. I am a part time jazz musician, and I am rotating around the music places in city, but never there have been any kind of incident. What the autonome skinheads are doing mostly is nicking abandoned buildings, so they have a place to be. They have now got an old factory, and we hear very little about them.....and I have always felt safe wearing my MA1 and my Martens

I could do the same in Montana too. It's a common (somewhat) look in the States...never once had an issue or worried about it. Pfft.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
Pics (of shaved noggin) or get off the pot ;-)

This is another snap of a hipster trying workwear, right?

And no self-respecting Skin would be seen dead with scruffy roll-ups like that

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
skinhead-1_zps1b7d40ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A group of Gentlemen from UK

These look more like the 1980s and modern day (Possibly racist)Skinheads rather than the original Ska/Reggae loving Skinheads that were around in the late 1960s early 70s. Their's[Original Skins] was a quite different look. Ben Shirmans, Sta Prest trousers, loafer shoes, braces etc. Not all of course, I remember Doc Martens but not combat trousers or MA1s.
Though the angry look on the guy on the far right appears familliar, especially if West Ham United lost at home;)
J(An ex Ted:D)

Edward

Bartender
The look (in the UK) just screams EX SKINHEAD - the perpetrator will probably have (an illegal) Pit Bull Terrier in tow, and have LOVE and HATE tattooed on his fingers.

"...love and hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands; hands that slap his kids around cause they don't understand..."

Death or glory indeed...

I can't imagine the person who would think a short, long haired chap in old man glasses, big boots and cuffed denim, wandering around mumbling to himself about the vicissitudes of the narrow loom denim weaving industry and the sparcity of the London corozo button stock, would be dangerous …

[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149674/its-coming-right-for-us[/video]

Go back to Hoxton, you hipster freak! ;)

Come to the North Of England, BK.

There are whole f***ing tribes of 'em.

Believe me, you would not want to be mistaken for one of them:eeek::D;)

THe great North/South divide, eh? Follow a guy like that in London, and 99.9% of the time he'll lead you not into some right wing meeting, but rather the nearest gay bar. Vive la difference!

Not wearing Crocs, obviously. That WOULD be absurd......

I'm all for hate groups like the EDL becoming proscribed organisations, but that's nothing compared to what I'd do to Crocs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy