Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom "Gus" western felt hat

TPD166

One Too Many
Gus-style Western Hat. Purchased new from American Hat Company in open crown then shaped by Texas Hatters (who claim to have made the hat for the movie) and also had them add a Gus/Lonesome Dove handmade rawhide band. Size 7-3/8 Long Oval (but fits my 7-1/2 head comfortably), silverbelly in color, crown is 5” as creased, brim is 4” wide. Comes with new hard “hat can” carrying/storage case. I’ve owned this hat for about four years and it has been stored in the hat can since Texas Hatters returned it to me and I have never worn it, other than to try it on. In taking the photos, I notice a few very small dark sports on the rear brim (see photos) – barely noticeable, but worth noting (have not attempted to remove them). Asking $125 shipped in the U.S.

Willybob

A-List Customer
I have that same hat I purchased from a western shop years ago. It had a ranchers crown and I reshaped it to a screen acurate Gus. lots of fast forward searching and pausing. I like the American Hat Co product. Ill PM you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo