Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom hat question

coble

A-List Customer
Good afternoon gents,
I have been currently been making flat caps and had a serious question to all my hat loving friends. Would any of you consider buying a custom made beaver felt flat cap, if so please let me know. If I have enough people interested, I will put them into production.
Also, how many of you would buy a custom made tweed countryside walking hat with a leather hatband? I am working on a new model, but would like to know the interest level and if you would buy one of these as well. I'm looking at getting my hat company in full swing just wanted some input.

Thanks

coble

A-List Customer
The tweed walking hat is going to be in the bucket style. I'm pricing them at 65 dollars. They will have a leather hatband that I will make myself, it will also have a liner, and a cotton sweatband. I will have the final version finished by next week and posted with photos. The liner material I will have a several choices to pick from.
I am working on a three panel countryside tweed cap, but it's not ready for production yet, still getting the pattern worked out.
Glad I peaked both your interests @mustangman300 and @1mach1

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. I am always interesting in purchasing things my Husband would wear, so yes indeed I sure would have an interest. There are some "non fedora" hats that even I , as a woman would have an interest to wear. ( Oh I do own a few Fedora hats, but would welcome anything else that may look appealing for a woman to wear).

coble

A-List Customer
image.jpg

Here is the tweed I have for the final version. I hope this helps peek more interest

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I just had a conversation with my neighbor about a tweed walking hat. I know he's really interested in one. I'd definitely like to see some pics so I can have him look at them.

fedoracentric

Banned
I'd like to see some photos of what the final product might look like, too.

It would pique my interest to get a peek at one so that I might place it atop my peak.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Coble,
I've been looking for a tweed fedora with a 2.5" non-dimensional brim. I'm not interested in the conventional walking bucket hat style per se but, if you can give it a reasonably stiff brim that's 2.5", I would definitely consider it. Also, I'm not interested at all in hats that are waterproof and, would want a silk (kimono silk, perhaps?) liner as opposed to the synthetic liners usually found on walking bucket hats. A classic tweed alternative to the leather ribbon would be nice but, the one you're offering doesn't sound like a deal-breaker for me.

Bonus if you can get dark brown donegal tweed.

coble

A-List Customer
Coble,
I've been looking for a tweed fedora with a 2.5" non-dimensional brim. I'm not interested in the conventional walking bucket hat style per se but, if you can give it a reasonably stiff brim that's 2.5", I would definitely consider it. Also, I'm not interested at all in hats that are waterproof and, would want a silk (kimono silk, perhaps?) liner as opposed to the synthetic liners usually found on walking bucket hats. A classic tweed alternative to the leather ribbon would be nice but, the one you're offering doesn't sound like a deal-breaker for me.

Bonus if you can get dark brown donegal tweed.

It will have a 2.5 inch brim. Dealing with the liner, I will have the option for that, and I could get a dark brown donegal tweed. These hats will be able to have a liner you want, also I will have different options on tweed colors and styles. Again, photo coming no later then next week. Dealing with a fedora crown, I'm going to have to look at designing a pattern for that

coble

A-List Customer
I would be interested in knowing what colors of tweed you would like, as well as tweed pattern. That way I know. Also liner material, what kind would you want. I would like to make these hats as close to cust hats then to full runs of the same colors and liner colors and styles. So please let me know.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
In the case of a tweed fedora, the crown shape isn't the important part for me, it's the sun-shading, 2.5" brim. A crown that avoids the conical-look, wouldn't hurt though.

I've found one tweed fedora with 2.5+" brim but, it was the S,M,L,XL variety (I also didn't like the green or pink tweed color choices that the maker thought appropriate). Likewise, the conventional walking bucket haven't worked for me, due to the brim not shading and the liner too waterproof.

Dark brown donegal tweed , yes, a ubiquitous color of donegal tweed, used by many walking-hat and cap makers. Great! Glad to know that you'll look for it.

I'm stoked! Looking forward to the examples.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Any updates on this?

I need a hat that's suitable for Summer but doesn't get destroyed in rain. I have a tweed cap that works this way but, it obviously doesn't offer enough shade or protection from rain.

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
Any updates on this?

I need a hat that's suitable for Summer but doesn't get destroyed in rain. I have a tweed cap that works this way but, it obviously doesn't offer enough shade or protection from rain.

I unfortunately am not venturing down this path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails