Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

rnrswitch

New in Town
ordered on Jan 13 and paid Jan13
thru Aero USA
at time of order 8 - 12 weeks, but closer to 8 weeks.
Aero Bootlegger in FQHH cordovan colored.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gentlemen...please indulge me...

..and remind me as to the reasoning behind this thread.

Is AERO the only flight jacket/leather jacket company with an 8 week back-log?

And what are the benefits to publishing 'when' you put your order in and when it is likely to arrive..?

Surely this is something to be negotiating with the company (ie: Mark in USA and Amanda/Will in UK). So, I'm just wondering, 'what' exactly are the merits of logging this info 'here..?' [huh]

I'm just frankly 'curious' to the reasoning behind this one...[huh] And any fascination/interest in it, as I personally would be dealing with the company/decision makers themselves ;)

univibe88

One Too Many
Paddy, I am just curious what the wait time is for other folks so I can try and guess when mine may arrive. I don't really want to bug Mark or Aero, as it really won't make a difference. I think that this thread is just a bunch of guys anxiously awaiting their jackets and chatting here about their ordering/waiting experiences as something to do with nervous energy.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well be warned...

...after ALL THIS nervous chit-chat and shuffling of feet, make sure 'when' those gorgeous jackets do arrive, that you post photos of 'you wearing them' with obligatory 'cheesey grin' in the appropriate thread ;)

God speed and fair winds to those lovely jackets you're wishing for :)

Kid Mac

Practically Family
The Aero has landed

Anniversary A-2, Seal Jerky, Dark Berry Knits.

Ordered: 21 January
Shipped: 16 April
Arrived: 20 April

I will post pics as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Mac

Kid Mac

Practically Family
rnrswitch,

I ordered with Aero Scotland (Amanda). Mark advises new customers interested in Aero A-2s and Navy jackets to contact the factory in Scotland.

Best,
Mac

bobjones

A-List Customer
I spoke with Will today and he said sometime in June, so that would be 3 months for me. I told him no problem, its really past wearing time until October anyway.

I mention the call because it's amazing what good spirits they are in over in Galashiels given the sheer volume of orders - they are just overwhelmed. Will is one of those people that keeps up "a good chin" no matter what pressure they're under, just a great person to work with.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I've gotta admit that I've enjoyed this thread too. I have a Long Half Belt on order and it's currently overdue so it's good to see when others have ordered and whether they've gotten their jackets yet.

Ordered: Payment Processed Jan 21
Quoted: 8 Weeks
Ordered through Mark Moye.

Tommer

matei

One Too Many
Good news... my Barnstormer was shipped yesterday, and arrived today!

It is a wonderful creation, as heavy as a pile of bricks, stiff as a board and dead sharp looking. It was worth the wait.

The colour is even better looking in person...

Here it is, straight outta the box:

mime-attachment.jpg

rnrswitch

New in Town
Ohh man, that may mean that mine is almost ready. I ordered a bootlegger FQHH in cordovan about the same time. This thread is a killer and i keep getting my hopes up.

Cooperson

One Too Many
matei said:
Good news... my Barnstormer was shipped yesterday, and arrived today!

It is a wonderful creation, as heavy as a pile of bricks, stiff as a board and dead sharp looking. It was worth the wait.

The colour is even better looking in person...

Here it is, straight outta the box:

Wow! that's one serious coat Matei, truly superb! I can't imagine how it feels to wear it - and I think my new Highwayman feels heavy! I would be interested to hear how easily it breaks in. Any chance of a pic of you wearing it to see the fit? (I'm toying with the idea of a longer coat for the winter myself). Love colour of the hide by the way and the best thing is it will only get better.

Many congratulations and wear it in good health.

matei

One Too Many
Cooperson said:
Wow! that's one serious coat Matei, truly superb! I can't imagine how it feels to wear it - and I think my new Highwayman feels heavy! I would be interested to hear how easily it breaks in. Any chance of a pic of you wearing it to see the fit? (I'm toying with the idea of a longer coat for the winter myself). Love colour of the hide by the way and the best thing is it will only get better.

Many congratulations and wear it in good health.

Many thanks! I am very, very happy with it. It is my first Aero coat, and I'm impressed. It was worth the wait, every single day of it!

I think I'll start a new thread on the mighty Barnstormer. It is a manly coat indeed, not for the faint of heart or slight of physique!

Cooperson

One Too Many
HoosierDaddy said:
My brown FQHH Aero Bootlegger(ordered Jan 16) arrived today. Pics forthcoming once it quits raining.
HD

Great news HD, hope it's all ok. Would be really interested to see it as new and after the easing in process.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Hello, long time lurker here. Just thought I'd register and jump in. I am on Style Forum as well (same user name, which is from the BBC comedy "Red Dwarf").

Thanks to you guys I have gotten a lot of good info ... and have now purchased TWO Aero jackets.

(My wallet doesn't thank you though!) lol

So here's what I've got so far:

Aero Highwayman, FQHH, brown, no bi-swing back, interior gun pocket

1. Purchased: late Nov 2008 (got the MSN Live 30% discount, so only paid $440 or so)
2. Ordered: early Dec 2008
3. From: Aero USA
4. Received: still waiting!

Aero Veste de Rallye, horsehide, black, tapered, no patch pockets or storm cuffs

1. Purchased: early May 2009
2. Ordered: not yet; pending receipt of Highwayman before I submit final specs
3. From: Aero USA
4. Received: TBD

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Tommer45 said:
Ordered: Payment Processed Jan 21
Quoted: 8 Weeks
Ordered through Mark Moye.

Tommer

The end is finally in sight! My jacket is scheduled to leave the factory next shipment.

Tommer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR