Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Perhaps they give priority to their own customers before supplying Mark Moyes?

People who visit Aero to get measured and who collect their stuff direct from the factory always tell me that they get very good, quick service. Sorry if this seems unfair to people overseas, but it's not surprising, really, in my old fashioned view.

univibe88

One Too Many
But people buying from Mark Moyes ARE their customers. I think it would be very odd to view them otherwise and put them at the end of the line. I am not saying it doesn't happen, I would just find it an odd business practice.

JLStorm

Practically Family
univibe88 said:
But people buying from Mark Moyes ARE their customers. I think it would be very odd to view them otherwise and put them at the end of the line. I am not saying it doesn't happen, I would just find it an odd business practice.

It would seem to me that people buying from Mark are his customers and Mark is their customer. Its the difference between buying something from a store vs. buying direct from the factory.

I always liked dealing direct with the factory and know that I am going straight to the source. I think people go through Mark to avoid the difficulties of customs, shipping, exchange rates, time differences, etc..but it would seem there is a downside to this as well.

Elmonteman

One of the Regulars
My crystal ball tells me that the delays are the result of high demand. The solution is hiring more people. If you look on the "AERO SALE - LEATHER" page, you will see about 27 trainee made jackets. This means that Aero is trying its best to shorten delays.

Mark Moye is a very good guy. But he does have the unenviable position of being the middleman. Something that would drive me absolutely bonkers. To suggest that he has 'second class' status in terms of priority of service, is an unkind and probably not realistic cut.

JLStorm

Practically Family
What would clear this up in a jiffy would be those posting about these extensive wait times to state who they purchased through. Either a pattern emerges or it does not.

Elmonteman said:
My crystal ball tells me that the delays are the result of high demand. The solution is hiring more people. If you look on the "AERO SALE - LEATHER" page, you will see about 27 trainee made jackets. This means that Aero is trying its best to shorten delays.

Mark Moye is a very good guy. But he does have the unenviable position of being the middleman. Something that would drive me absolutely bonkers. To suggest that he has 'second class' status in terms of priority of service, is an unkind and probably not realistic cut.

I certainly agree.
We don't know in just what order Aero makes their jackets concerning this recent rush. Whether first come first serve(as usual)...or by jacket types..leather types..customization...etc. Perhaps they must order and wait for more hides..liners....as orders have dramatically increased. I would image that being bombarded by orders could change normal procedures for sure. Of course Mark Moye would be caught up in this as well. I think that longer waits...and seemingly "out of order" deliveries are what is causing understandable confusion and increasing impatience. At least Aero is "getting er done". Hang in there...they're coming!
HD

fkl118

New in Town
I ordered my jacket directly from Aero Scotland and I'm still waiting 4+ months. So I'm not sure there's any difference in wait times between the two methods.

I'm not so worried since I won't be able to wear the jacket till fall anyways.

bobjones

A-List Customer
I received an email from Amanda that mine would ship in the next 2 weeks.

I had ordered directly through Scotland, and they were pretty much clear and upfront that it would be about 3-4 months. As the poster said above, its too hot to wear the jacket for some 3 months, anyway...

The ONLY advantage I can think of might be that if the sizing is off, and the jacket needs to be modified in fit, having several months ahead of the time when you will be able to wear it outside is a good thing. This is because it would probably require some time before the jacket could be shipped back and modified, or sent back with an entirely new replacement measured and made, then shipped back.

bobjones

A-List Customer
Update: Just got an email from the Wizards of Galashiels and my Hwyman is en route, truly like being a kid in a toy store...

If the US government officials in customs are as efficient as they usually are, it will take longer in JFK airport customs than it will to design, sew, construct and ship the jacket to NY. But maybe this time I might get lucky... :eusa_doh:

JLStorm

Practically Family
bobjones said:
Update: Just got an email from the Wizards of Galashiels and my Hwyman is en route, truly like being a kid in a toy store...

If the US government officials in customs are as efficient as they usually are, it will take longer in JFK airport customs than it will to design, sew, construct and ship the jacket to NY. But maybe this time I might get lucky... :eusa_doh:

dont hold your breath :( *yucky*

rnrswitch

New in Town
rnrswitch said:
ordered on Jan 13 and paid Jan13
thru Aero USA
at time of order 8 - 12 weeks, but closer to 8 weeks.
Aero Bootlegger in FQHH cordovan colored.

To follow up. Just got my jacket today and it was well worth the wait.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
univibe88 said:
So you got your Highwayman yesterday? Let's see some pictures!

Finally got a chance to snap some pics. Hoping to get some fit pictures soon.

Aero Highwayman
Brown alpaca wool lining
Gun pocket
Requested "non-boxy" fit

Sizing for people who are interested in fit:

Chest inhaled: 42” [You will notice Aero gave me a size 40, so I sized down one from my measured size]
Chest exhaled: 40”
Shirt size: 15 ½ x 32
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 150lbs
Waist size (measured): 32”
Waist size (pants tagged size): 30
Sports coat size: 40 Short

3659112072_435b864f88.jpg

3658316735_20f767cab9.jpg

3659112574_acf7c6a6bc.jpg

3659113994_c68530714e.jpg

3659114594_deb2e450ed.jpg

3658318105_e176f81f10.jpg

3659113132_4fdd62117a.jpg

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys ... can't wait to wear it when winter rolls around!

Edit: felix, dang that Cafe Racer fits you like a glove! Aero really nailed that fit.

Fenton

Familiar Face
I'm starting to get a little impatient ... I've placed the order for my Highwayman on March 1st and I'm still waiting ... Fair enough, it's a high quality jacket and everything ... but 8+ weeks for a leather jacket - that's a little ridiculous

univibe88

One Too Many
Fenton said:
I'm starting to get a little impatient ... I've placed the order for my Highwayman on March 1st and I'm still waiting ... Fair enough, it's a high quality jacket and everything ... but 8+ weeks for a leather jacket - that's a little ridiculous

You are probably in for a few more weeks. They are several people in this thread who ordered in Jan/Feb who are still waiting (myself included)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff