Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
I ordered my jacket on Febuary 5th and it arrived today, even tough I added a second order on 20th of Febuary later. Both arrived (as requested) in one shipment today. That's 11 weeks after the first and 8 counting from the second.

fair enough, I'd say.

rnrswitch

New in Town
What jackets did you order and in what hide. I wonder if it depends a lot on the type of jacket ordered.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I received a shipment notice today. I should probably have it in hand in a week or so.

Long half belt
Jerky buffalo hide
No outside chest pocket
Two interior pockets, one in either side facing
Cuff straps and storm cuffs like a Californian
All brass hardware, buckles and zipper
Brown cotton lining

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Aero dispatched!

I also received a shipment notice today. I ordered on 21 January; jacket shipped today, 16 April -- Anniversary A-2 (15142-P), jerky seal with dark berry knits.

Mac

solomrus

New in Town
wow.

this better be some totally ass-stomping jacket to wait this long for.

a couple of you guys ordered a month AFTER i did, and you are seeing shipment notices already.

seriously depressing.

--r

Kid Mac

Practically Family
r-

Did you order in December? I believe Aero Leather was closed for two weeks for the Christmas/New Year holiday.

I, too, noticed some orders placed before mine had previously shipped. I thought the kind of jacket ordered might effect timing -- certain number of Aero craftsmen for certain types of jackets?

Cheers,
Mac

matei

One Too Many
I noticed that my bank account was down by the price of one Aero jacket, so I phoned up Amanda and she said that it was indeed on it's way!

Posted out today, should be with me by Monday. Looking forward to it!

univibe88

One Too Many
I don't think this thread is meant to criticize Aero in any way. I think it's just guys who are anxious to receive their coveted jackets. We are simply comparing notes with other's experiences and trying to figure when we may get our jackets.

I think this thread is a good idea, posting useful data without the clutter of additional commentary. However, since the powers that be don't agree, I'll post the info here:

1. Date Ordered: Feb 17, 2009
2. Ordered thru Aero/Scotland, or Aero/Mark Moye: Mark Moye
3. Date actually received: Waiting

and I propose another bit of useful info, as it has been guessed that this could effect wait time:
4. Model Ordered: Stockman Brown FQHH

I think it is a good idea as well.

1. Date ordered:Jan. 16 '09
2. From Aero Scotland.
3. At time of order..aprox 8 wks to delivery.
4. Bootlegger Brown FQHH

Amanda stated a few days ago that delivery would now be within next two weeks.
HD

bobjones

A-List Customer
Holy smoke, and I ordered mine March 24th and was thinking to call Will in 2/3 weeks to get a heads up, you guys waited over 2 months to get them.

And Uni, you had NO authority ordering ordering a brown FQHH Stockman - only I am allowed to own one of those ;)

I saw your post and smiled because I had fiercely searched thru TFL and never found another poster ordering one. I guess we can start our own little "Stockman" thread now.

You will really, really love yours, just give it time to break in. Mine was like a stiff body of armour at first, like a tent, but has softened alot with time and now fits very comfortably. Such an incredible jacket...

gfirob

Familiar Face
Custom Bootlegger
Order date Feb 16th, 09
Shipped April 16th, 09.

Ordered from Scotland

They say it will be here middle of next week.

I'm not complaining. All their communication has been first rate throughout. This will be my 3rd Aero jacket.

I think they're busy...

Rob Gardner

auxair

New in Town
1. Date ordered: 9 Oct 2008
2. Thru Mark Moye
3. Jackets Delivered to Hong Kong on 26 Mar 2009.
4. (a) "Pre-war" RAF Irvin; and (b) "Anniversary" A-2, Seal Brown Jerky Horsehide

DSCF1690.jpg

(Schott B-3 on the right)

DSCF1694.jpg

Excellent communcation with Mark throughout the wait period. Not complaining, perhaps the business is just too brisk due to the weak pound.
I intend to order another A-2 (40-3785-P Russet with CBI patches) but I will do it early so that I can receive it by Nov 09.

univibe88

One Too Many
bobjones said:
And Uni, you had NO authority ordering ordering a brown FQHH Stockman - only I am allowed to own one of those ;)

I'm even the same size as you. I should have just come on down to NYC and nicked yours! lol

I was definitely inspired by your jacket. I'm sure I'll be getting it any day now. But spring is definitely here in New England. I bought it more for next season, so I'm really not all that impatient.

solomrus

New in Town
1) ordered and paid for on 01/02/09
2) ordered thru mark moye, aero usa.
3) 8 weeks quoted at time of order. emailed mark for sts 7.5 weeks in. he recommended forgetting about it for a while, as they were BUSY.
4) my jacket: brown FQHH half-belt. two breast pockets, buckle side straps, and bi-swing back.

still in a holding pattern. week 15 is down.

--r

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
The 9th of APL. marked 4 months through AeroUSA. I hadda do it...I dropped an inquiry to Mark. Says he, there's a dozen or so coming this month. One of 'em is mine. [brown Highwayman FQHH] Sounds good! I was, and still am, a wee bit leery of the fitting technique but if she has to be returned for adjustment then I'm still good for the fall I guess. There'll be no opp. to get any use out of it now with Southwestern Ontarios near subtropical summer weather on the doorstep. [unless wandering in the backyard during thunder and lightning downpours constitutes use...] Horses are having the last laugh I'm figuring....'look at the devilment we put these poor folk through over our scarred ol' hides'! Looking forward to my parcel...J.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Hey Johnny, where in SW Ontario are you? Im up around North York, Im not going to recieve my ELC Hartmann probobly till the end of May but I hope to still be able to give it some wear through the summer. With a Highwayman you should still be able to get some wearing time after you get it.

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Evening Hawkeye...I'm about an hours highway west of you....Stratford. With a wool lining I think I'll be lucky if I get it on at all! I ride a bike but I don't think I'll use it for that, though I think it would look great. Well maybe a couple of times in the wet to tame it a bit. Horror of horrors to skin it out! Typical biker... to worry more about the bike and equipment rather than my own hide. Concerning the season, I'm originally from Eastern Canada and although I've lived here for years I never easily adapt to our summers humidity. Discomfort for me usually begins about the end of May. Actually I suppose it's my less than perfect metabolism. A fine day for me hovers around 22/24C. I will be taking it back East during my summer holidays however. August nights can drop to single digits at times especially on the coast.

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
So yes, I guess it'll see a couple or three weeks wear plus my rain worshipping backyard wanderings. Should be loosened up a little come Oct.,... that's when she'll be put to regular use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace