Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Here's another pair from, surprise, Target!
51cochzkvlss384kx4.jpg

They have a few other colors, too! Last time I got vintage-y shoes from Target, I ended up returning them because they abused my feet.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
StaceFace said:
Here's another pair from, surprise, Target!
51cochzkvlss384kx4.jpg

They have a few other colors, too! Last time I got vintage-y shoes from Target, I ended up returning them because they abused my feet.

I just got these with a matching wallet. They are cute on and with a gel insert surprisingly comfortable.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
I have a question ladies... What is with the insanely high heels right now?
I so so many cute shoes, vintagesque and other, but can't wear them cause they are too high... Who's wearing this stuff?? Then the other stuff out there is so flat i feel like i am wearing my old ballet slippers... Yeck... What's a girl to do?

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Kassia said:
I have a question ladies... What is with the insanely high heels right now?
I so so many cute shoes, vintagesque and other, but can't wear them cause they are too high... Who's wearing this stuff?? Then the other stuff out there is so flat i feel like i am wearing my old ballet slippers... Yeck... What's a girl to do?

Haha, well I on a daily basis I can be seen wearing my penny loafers, but when I "go out", I plan when wearing certain shoes. For example, if my boyfriend and I are going to dinner, and then maybe for cocktails or coffee afterward, I can wear the cute, high, uncomfortable shoes because my evening will consist of walking to and from the car to the restaurant and to and from the car to the bar/coffee shop, lol. Anymore walking than that or if dancing is involved I turn to my collection of "kitten heel" shoes. :) I'm sure the other ladies of the lounge will give you so key advice also.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
RebeccaMUA said:
Haha, well I on a daily basis I can be seen wearing my penny loafers, but when I "go out", I plan when wearing certain shoes. For example, if my boyfriend and I are going to dinner, and then maybe for cocktails or coffee afterward, I can wear the cute, high, uncomfortable shoes because my evening will consist of walking to and from the car to the restaurant and to and from the car to the bar/coffee shop, lol. Anymore walking than that or if dancing is involved I turn to my collection of "kitten heel" shoes. :) I'm sure the other ladies of the lounge will give you so key advice also.

I find the really low shoes uncomfortable too.. But also, one of the reasons i hate wearing them, is that i am only about 5' 2" tall.. Hahaa, can't do much about genetics tho.. I know the high heels make your legs look longer and more shapely but come on, i have to be able to walk too.. Don't I?
And i too have a collection of mid heels.. Usually under 2.5 inches that i can wear for dancing are walking around.. One has to be comfortable when she ghoes to the mall.. And spends several hours looking at shoes and other clothing..
Sigh, it's a tough situation.. I did find some nice shoes a couple of weeks ago and keep meaning to post a photo for you ladies but the camera is upstairs and the shoes are downstairs so you'll have to wait..

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Kassia, I have the same complaints about shoes. I want cute work shoes and I lean toward clunky heels. the spike heels that are back in, are great, but they wear out fast and my arches are yelping by the end of the day. THese I have on order and they're taking forever. They're modern with a retro throwback, still high and not exactly work shoes, but...

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/pr..._id=5625&category_id=5618&gp_fashcoll_id=7525

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Lareesie Ladavi said:
Kassia, I have the same complaints about shoes. I want cute work shoes and I lean toward clunky heels. the spike heels that are back in, are great, but they wear out fast and my arches are yelping by the end of the day. THese I have on order and they're taking forever. They're modern with a retro throwback, still high and not exactly work shoes, but...

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/pr..._id=5625&category_id=5618&gp_fashcoll_id=7525

Ohhh i like those too!! Sort of the punk/rocker chick bootie...

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Lareesie Ladavi said:
StaceFace, I love those. I saw them too and tried them on, they are too high (toe slides down OW!) and too narrow for my feet... :(

EXACTLY what happened with the other pair I had from them. I believe they were the Isaac Mizrahi line, very similar in appearance to these (also from Target lol )
51gadkfawxlss384iu2.jpg

BTW, Newport News has some amazing finds, at times!

Kassia

One of the Regulars

crwritt

One Too Many
I wore them dancing last night, and they are just right. My tango and ballroom shoes are 2.5"heel, and these are just about the same. The sole is rubber, but it didn't grip so much as to be a problem. Very comfortable, and turning was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt