Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket leather jackets

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Jeepers creepers! What a collection. That blows me away mate. Ever think of adding a brown one? Also, and I'm really interested in this...how does the quality of the legendary compare to your LW/ Aero jackets? I think it's a great option, and a superb price. I'm curious to know what you think, being that you own them all? Cheers, and again, that's a beautiful collection.

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
The Legendary & Aero are ok jackets. I dislike the zippers on the Aero due to the fact that the sleeve zips end about a half inch before the cuff and the cuffs always seem loose. And that leather sure is stiff plus the main zip I believe is to small for such heavy leather. I had a brown Lost Worlds J27 but did not like the color. Like Henry Ford said you can have any color as long as it's black. Same applies to motorcycle jackets. Wilbur guided me thru ordering my Trojan & dealing with Stuart. Nothing compares to Lost Worlds. Like Wilbur or at least recently his favorite was the Trojan, with all the J23's he has that might have changed.
My Lost Worlds J27
j27 front.jpg
j27 back.jpg

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Yep still like the Trojan mainly cause it's broken in....

DSC_0085_zpszc1nracx.jpg

This shot shows more detail without the flash

DSC_0090_zpszohel8bn.jpg

"Up against the Wall"..... hey gotta have a little levity..... Have to thank my wife for these photos...

DSC_0094%202_zpsis3t0olj.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Like Oneterrifichog, I am also a Mountain Man from E Tennessee and can tell you from personal experience that he is being lined up against the wall and frisked by a "revenuer" (agent of the U.S. Treasury Department) for illegal "moonshine" whiskey. lol :pound: Sorry Wilbur, I just couldn't hepy myself; you left yourself wide open to be roasted with that photo. :D

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Like Oneterrifichog, I am also a Mountain Man from E Tennessee and can tell you from personal experience that he is being lined up against the wall and frisked by a "revenuer" (agent of the U.S. Treasury Department) for illegal "moonshine" whiskey. lol :pound: Sorry Wilbur, I just couldn't hepy myself; you left yourself wide open to be roasted with that photo. :D

Yep Fanch! You got my meaning there! Busted!!!! Oh and the Joselyn says "Kinky can be for wives too"!!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, hope you're having a cooler summer on Signal Mountain than we are here with triple digit August Texas heat. :flame: Tell Joselyn I said hello!

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
my lw trojan. unless you have one on or in your hands and can see Stuarts workmanship you cant really describe them. even Stuart say's it's the best jacket out there because of its design. One of the design on the trojan that i like is the cuffs, they open up when unzipped and allow for more freedom where the j23s dont. next would be my lw j23 just barely behind the trojan. The legendary is a great coat, has all the bells & whistles as lw or the aero. the legendary & lw j23 have these passenger pockets on each side that are hand warmers. the aero has the zippers that go into the leather with no pockets. the aero has corduroy lining whereas both all my lw have nylon satin lining. the legendary has a quilted lining. Right now lost worlds is having a 10% sale on their coats. if you wear anything else than standard sizing they won't discount it. The legendary is 599 which is a great price for the jacket at half the cost of lw. due to the fact that i live in LA and the lw are so heavy my riding season is only nov thru mar or april after that they are just to warm. these are purely motorcycle jackets not fashion i never just put one on and go out. hope this helps

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's very difficult to tell on my monitor whether the above jacket is black or brown, but one thing that occurred to me recently was that D-Pockets in brown have much less of the "bad-ass" look to them and are therefore somewhat easier (if that's the right word) to wear than black ones. I was wondering if anyone owns the brown version and has any thoughts about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL