Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D1 or Irvin

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Windsock said:
Easy decision! Go the ELC Irvin. Brit sports car= Brit flying jacket. You'll get plenty of use from it up your way and you won't be in fear of damaging it.

I have to agree. My old friend and boss restored a Triumph TR2 and never drove it without his ELC Irvin to hand. If he wasn't wearing it, it was on the seat next to him. He was my height and build, very tall and broad shouldered. The partnership of British sports car and British flying jacket is unbeatable. Now I just need to get the sports car to go with my ELC Irvin :)

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Philrs said:
Seriously, I am 6 3" and bought an Eastman Irvin 1940 size 46. I hope that I made the right choice!

You won't regret it. The Irvin will stay with you long after you've traded in the car for another. I'm a similar height and a 38 inch waist, and also have a size 46, so you won't be far wrong.

Philrs

New in Town
BaggyPants said:
You won't regret it. The Irvin will stay with you long after you've traded in the car for another. I'm a similar height and a 38 inch waist, and also have a size 46, so you won't be far wrong.

Thanks! I am always amazed at the evident passion, knowledge and friendliness that I have discovered here! A refreshing style compared e.g. to a Porsche forum.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Moggie...

A great new design from Morgan, but inspired by the wonderful 1930's Buggatti Atlantique I believe. Beautiful baby there Phil...ENJOY.

Philrs

New in Town
You are right! I also see it as a modern Bugatti Atlante. I am enjoying it. To me, it is a unique car whose enjoyment will be enhanced by a unique (Irvin of course) jacket. Sounds corny, but I am sure you guys know what I mean ;-)

02wheelsbugatti480.jpg

PADDY said:
A great new design from Morgan, but inspired by the wonderful 1930's Buggatti Atlantique I believe. Beautiful baby there Phil...ENJOY.

Philrs

New in Town
Papa M said:
It is certainly a very interesting car. A modern hybrid with exaggerated proportions, made by a top quality manufacturer who has based it on a classic from the past.

Perhaps this jacket might be appropriate lol :
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Nnnnnnoooooooooooo!

:) :) :) :)

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Previous eastman B 3 owner

I too had this situation buying and selling my leather jackets, Now I regret looking back now at age 45, I decided to rekindle my admiration for the sheepskin B 3/Raf Mix..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo