Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daizawaguy check in let everyone know you are ok.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I do more lurking than posting, but still feel as if I am part of a community with FL. One of my first thoughts when I woke and heard the news about Japan was D-Guy. I second the concern of the others and am hoping the best for him.
Me too: first thought upon hearing this awful news. My year living in Tokyo was always with the awareness that it's a dicey place to live.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WHEW!!!!! Thanks for letting us know D'Guy. Please stay safe & check in when you can. Having gone through the '89 quake in SF I understand how difficult the next weeks might be. Take care my friend.

Daizawa, Glad to hear you and your family are ok. I work for Sony and some of our coastal factories (Miyagi and Fukushima) sustained damage but everyone is ok.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Relieved to see your posts and to learn that you and your family are OK. Great to also see your 'Gallows Humor' remark about your VS lids. Hang in there!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Really appreciate it! You guys are real class citizens of this forum! many aftershocks...chair is rattling as I write. Car is parked outside in case, but we will sleep the night at home (5floors up in 7 story block).

D-guy; my thoughts are with you as well. I'm sure a few sleep-deprived nights are in your immediate future.

As for you other folks; I am once again so impressed with you all. What a great group!

-Brando

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Stay safe D-Guy, glad to hear you are alright.

On a bit of a lighter note, this was just posted online on the SF Chronicle website
Tsunami600x336.jpg

What's left of the tsunami after it had passed under the Golden Gate bridge.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Many many thanks everyone. Had some rest last night, but must have been 20 or so tremors, although things have been calm in the past few hours this morning. Had a bag at the door full of water, money, food, warm clothing and essential stuff just in case. Hopefully the worst is over, but one really never knows. Very much appreciate your thoughts. And to all our fellow members in Japan, take care over the next few days and weeks...bless you all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112