Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daizawaguy check in let everyone know you are ok.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
How did it happen that of all the coolest people on the FLounge, two live in Japan.....How'd that happen!!!!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Does not sound so good altogether. Friends of mine in Japan were reporting aftershocks, today. The nuclear situation is also not really predictable. Let´s hope and pray....

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks again and again. Yes, plenty of aftershocks, and just seen a report of 10,000 expected over the next year! Sneakers are difficult to get, batteries are no where to be seen, and torches are all sold out. And now Geiger counters are sold out even in the US! At least we`ll have to wear hats, but I think they have to be washed or thrown away after use...not my VS for sure! Otherwise, life goes on, and I hope it all settles down, as I`m tired of being stuck in the rattling and rocking apartment! Anyway, for us foreigners here, we knew the earthquake risk, but didn`t really expect a nuclear issue...the coward one`s are fleeing, yours truely is here to stay! But i can`t wait to get back to normal. No pics until that happens, but love to be back in my usual routine of things. Cheers, and thanks to all the brave rescue workers and military helping out.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I haven't posted in a while, but have been keeping abreast of the events. My thoughts are prayers are with everyone during this difficult time. Stay safe everyone, and check in when you can.

I think that torches is the British English term for Flashlights.

From the various tv reports on earthquakes the USGS has given in the past about Southern California they outline that the aftershocks have a diminishing pattern. They say it tends to be where a big earthquake will have several almost as big and as time goes on the strength of the aftershock tends to drop but you get more of them. So it's like you have a 7 then a few 6's, more 5's, a lot more 4's, lots of 3's and a zillion little ones.

I hope that the various places sending help will be able to keep the people of Japan form even more hardship as the time goes on.

scooter

Practically Family
Hey D-guy, I am so glad to hear you and yours are OK. My sister-in-law and her family live in Japan (she is married to a Japanese man) and although their egg farm sufffered very minimal damage, she skyped us last night saying she runs out of the house every time her phone chimes an aftershock alert. I can't imagine the trauma all of this must be causing to the citizenry. I hope they get a handle on this nuclear situation as she lives less than 15 miles from one of the plants. Scary stuff! Stay well, fellow lounger and friend!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I can't really add anything new to what's been said here before, just that it's great to see you're doing well.

This endless stream of horrid images on the telly makes sick, really. I can't even begin to imagine...

All the best to you and all the people in Japan.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider