Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating Vintage Stetsons by size tag

Weatherman

New in Town
Thank you for this information. I'm a long time hat collector, but new to vintage hats. I used the sizing/date info to get a good deal on a vintage Stetson tah was listed as much older than it actually is. After the change to square tags in the 60's, what other way is there to date vintage Stetsons? Is there a guide out there somewhere for dating vintage hats, mostly fedoras? Thanks, Weatherman

Weatherman

New in Town
Thanks for the info! Is there a guide somewhere to dating vintage hats? I'm a long time collector, but new to vintage hats.
Weatherman

Purplesage

One Too Many
Stetson Zephyr Weight

I need help age dating this hat. I think it's from the 20s!. First black sweatband I've seen on a Stetson this old.

photo-1532_zpse31abd37.jpg

photo-1527_zps98f66e07.jpg

photo-1554_zpsac3ca298.jpg

photo-1550_zps65a31bff.jpg

photo-1556_zps19d12f05.jpg

photo-1555_zps2afd2d0f.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I need help age dating this hat. I think it's from the 20s!. First black sweatband I've seen on a Stetson this old.
Unreeded and taped sweat, sticker size-tag, the leather texturizing and logo embossing definitely points to the 20's. Indeed an extremely well preserved lid! Congratulations :)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman has one that's a spot-on match, but all still seem unsure as to Biltmore or Brockville or possible era, it is a 3x, but that liner! I wonder if has been replaced with something more "modern", but you are right, almost certainly Canadian.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Here is an Imperial Suede Finish dated Feb 16, 1949, sporting the same tag as per Dinerman's example in post#4 in this thread.

The date -

The hat -

I will post this one to other Stetson 'dating' threads, not often we find them with a date stamp.

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Can anyone tell me the era of the Stetson Homburg by the orange size tag or the inside logo showing the Stetson crest, Sovereign and Stetson name that I just posted?Thanks.

+1 I have a Royal DeLuxe with this same size/price tag configuration. My lid was $12.95 (which I believe from study puts it after 1955), I would imagine that most folks removed the price portion and just kept the keyhole size tag. Really a nice hat ptjoe!

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Thanks, I was stumped by the size tag.
+1 I have a Royal DeLuxe with this same size/price tag configuration. My lid was $12.95 (which I believe from study puts it after 1955), I would imagine that most folks removed the price portion and just kept the keyhole size tag. Really a nice hat ptjoe!
I appreciate your input and thanks for the info.Just picked it up on ebay!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana