Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave Chappelle

Fifty150

One Too Many
Any opinions on his jacket? What do you guys think?

Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.08.14.png
Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.15.34.png
Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.15.26.png
screenshot-2022-11-15-20-08-08-png.465221
Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.13.02.png
Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.13.51.png
Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.11.01.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.08.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-15 20.08.08.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 574

Fifty150

One Too Many
I can see that it's actually built for riding a motorcycle. With his arms extended, the sleeves still reach his wrist. It also looks like it has a single solid piece of leather for the back. That's usually not found at The Mall.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like it. It doesn’t have the excessive length a lot of modern cross-zips do, and the pocket layout works with the lack of belt; a lot of belt less ones have too much empty space.

This?? It's some over-priced, lambskin thing from Lyst. Not a very good one, at that. Maybe Amiri or Dolce & Gabbana or Moschino or something like that. There are millions of these right now. It's as if every fashion house decided to prove it to the world how not to make one.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I like it. Gathered at the hem, one-piece back and by the looks of it not paperthin leather.. it‘s definitely more of a fashion piece than legit bike wear, but so is 90% of the brands we favor here…

It looks like a womans jacket to me. I get not wanting too much length but that looks like a 21" back. Frumpy sleeves, pointless inside forearm pocket...has all the earmarks of something shot out the ass end of a Forever 21 tweenage dept. store shipping container.

Last edited:
This?? It's some over-priced, lambskin thing from Lyst. Not a very good one, at that. Maybe Amiri or Dolce & Gabbana or Moschino or something like that. There are millions of these right now. It's as if every fashion house decided to prove it to the world how not to make one.
So then, an EXPENSIVE mall jacket?

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
I like the sleeves. The body is too short. The shoulders fit him nicely but I prefer a little more room to layer under on a riding jacket.

The give away though is the lack of snaps on the collar tips. At 60mph it would slap you silly.

My vote says that it's a fashion jacket.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it’s clearly a fashion jacket, but while I wouldn’t wear it myself, I like the details and I definitely respect that he didn’t go for the horrific “SLP moto” that is the default of any celeb or newly-wealthy person who wants to look tough– and simply ends up looking like a fashion victim as a result.

Jon Crow

One of the Regulars
The world and his dog is going crazy right now producing aviator jackets, or all the fashion houses, h&m etc, in Spain here right now they're everywhere, and I guess after the release of masters of the air more haha

Damon141

Practically Family
If I were these industry guys, just go for the calf skin version of YSL

In reality it was probably given to him to wear as most don’t even buy their own clothes for tv appearances, stylists say here, wear this

Fifty150

One Too Many
In reality it was probably given to him to wear as most don’t even buy their own clothes for tv appearances, stylists say here, wear this

It's possible that the jacket is just something hanging on a rack in the wardrobe department. They do have a wardrobe department. It's a big budget show. Eddie Murphy didn't have to bring his own Gumby suit to work. Dan Aykroyd wasn't using his own personal cone to play Cone Head.

Jon Crow

One of the Regulars
It's possible that the jacket is just something hanging on a rack in the wardrobe department. They do have a wardrobe department. It's a big budget show. Eddie Murphy didn't have to bring his own Gumby suit to work. Dan Aykroyd wasn't using his own personal cone to play Cone Head.
Saw flight of the phoenix last night, Dennis Quaid wearing a nice old A2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot