Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dear friends, I need your professional help

Avetis1

New in Town
Good afternoon, dear friends, I really want to find this particular leather jacket or an identical one that will be 99.9% similar to this jacket. I've been looking all over the internet for over a month and can't find it. Can you help me find this model? Many thanks for considering my request.

gettyimages-478343566-2048x2048.jpeg
gettyimages-1270396019-2048x2048.jpeg
gettyimages-949881248-2048x2048.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome. Nice that you have found the way here. Now I cross my fingers that someone here can help you. As I wrote, if there is someone, then here ;)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
To me it looks like a suit jacket style collar, popped. Sleeve - body attachment is similar to what you'd see on a leather blazer.

I'd say it's a 70s lambskin fantasy piece.

Avetis1

New in Town
To me it looks like it is inspired by french hunting jackets.
This could be a one off custom, but that collar is a hunting style to me.

I googled "french hunting jacket" and this came up:

https://www.ullapopken.be/nl/jassen...L74c_3wQIhfair-tN9IaAj35EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not 99.9% the same, but similar idea.
Thank you very much. The jacket is really similar: collar, buttons.
But you are right - Up to 99.9% authenticity does not pull.
Thanks for your reply and help

Avetis1

New in Town
To me it looks like a suit jacket style collar, popped. Sleeve - body attachment is similar to what you'd see on a leather blazer.

I'd say it's a 70s lambskin fantasy piece.
Thanks a lot for your answer and help. I subscribed to the Instagram page. I will be happy to follow the assortment

Aloysius

To me it looks like it is inspired by french hunting jackets.
This could be a one off custom, but that collar is a hunting style to me.

+1

One look at the collar and I was thinking Arnys Forestière, which has been made in every material imaginable. Wouldn’t be surprised if there were leather ones too.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Very european design. Collar and button holes give off very rural vibes, I wouldn‘t disagree with hunting jacket. In fact it shares a lot of design elements with classic Bavarian „Trachten-Lederjacken/Janker“ as well which again are very rural in design, even though made mostly in suede.

Avetis1

New in Town
Very european design. Collar and button holes give off very rural vibes, I wouldn‘t disagree with hunting jacket. In fact it shares a lot of design elements with classic Bavarian „Trachten-Lederjacken/Janker“ as well which again are very rural in design, even though made mostly in suede.
Thank you very much for your feedback and response. Indeed, there are similarities. I'm already thinking that maybe this jacket was made to order. I can't find an authentic one all over the internet.

Aloysius

I'm already thinking that maybe this jacket was made to order. I can't find an authentic one all over the internet.

More likely it’s the fact that it’s the late Joe Dassin 50 years ago, so the jacket styles that were available at the time are very different from those available now.

You’d be best off searching a French auction site for 1970s jackets. I believe @Marc mndt and/or @Carlos840 have mentioned such sites before.

My dad used to play his albums all the time in my childhood so I know his songs by heart even all these years later.

Avetis1

New in Town
More likely it’s the fact that it’s the late Joe Dassin 50 years ago, so the jacket styles that were available at the time are very different from those available now.

You’d be best off searching a French auction site for 1970s jackets. I believe @Marc mndt and/or @Carlos840 have mentioned such sites before.

My dad used to play his albums all the time in my childhood so I know his songs by heart even all these years later.
Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I will try to find an authentic jacket in French auctions too. I love creativity, songs, and, of course, the style of the great Joe Dassin, and that's why this jacket is interesting to me.
Once again thanks a lot

Avetis1

New in Town
One of the best love songs ever:

Not many pictures of him in leather jackets out there.
Indeed,
it is not for nothing that this song is included in the list of "Top 100 Ballads" of the world.

P.S - By the way, in this video, Joe Dassin is in this jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko