Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Lincsong, with how paranoid I am, do you think I'd bite the hook that easily? I may be a 30-year-old virgin:eek: lol, but I am neither desperate nor stupid... and my instinctive "Threat Warning Receiver" would sound the alarm on them at first sight.

Bunker walls, floor and ceiling all three to six feet of SRC. Don't know of much that can get through that with dirt or preferably bedrock all around...

Yeah, but they might bite your hook that easily. :whistling

I can always improvise a fix with an extra belt or two... cinching the ol' body-armor down a couple notches tighter will help too. lol Besides, I'm not "chubby"--that little padding around the midsection is a small minority of my total body mass.

[voice=Obi-Wan Kenobi doing the Jedi Mind Trick]Nothing to see here... move along...[/voice]

Berlin said:
Dear neighbours; pléase call Cesar Millan and let your fuzzy little shi tzu stop barking.

lol lol lol lol Its called a muzzle. ;)
I'll play then:
Dear neighbor,

It would be nice if you didn't water your yard after 5pm at night as the mist drifts over to my side and causes mildew on my roses. Thanks for the apple trees on the fence line though. They make a great apple cream pie. ;) :p

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dear new neighbor,
Sorry about my passion flower vine, I know it is sending tendrils through the fence. Not a lot I can do about that, vines will be vines. But next time you trim it, can you just trim it on your side, and not pull on it roughly, yanking the lattice work off the fence, breaking my other plants, and knocking my statue over?
Much appreciated.

Miss 1929 said:
Dear new neighbor,
Sorry about my passion flower vine, I know it is sending tendrils through the fence. Not a lot I can do about that, vines will be vines. But next time you trim it, can you just trim it on your side, and not pull on it roughly, yanking the lattice work off the fence, breaking my other plants, and knocking my statue over?
Much appreciated.

My neighbor does the same thing to my trumpet vine. [huh] It is over on his side so that is fine. He also helped me clean out a patch of blackberry bushes a while back that I am still fighting so we are square.
I hope you two can find a happy medium as we have. Talk to him and maybe you can. That is what I did. I tried that with the one watering after 5pm but that didn't do any good though. :eusa_doh: I still have the apples though. I picked a big basket a few days ago. :D

Speaking of... mildly offtopic, but anyone have any experience with "training" blackberry bushes? Try as I might I can't seem to kill mine (CINC-House won't let me use any of the really good herbicides 'cuz she's paranoid I'll harm her precious trees), so I'm starting to consider the idea of weaving them into the chainlink fence as an additional discouragement to would-be fenceclimbers.

Diamondback said:
Speaking of... mildly offtopic, but anyone have any experience with "training" blackberry bushes? Try as I might I can't seem to kill mine (CINC-House won't let me use any of the really good herbicides 'cuz she's paranoid I'll harm her precious trees), so I'm starting to consider the idea of weaving them into the chainlink fence as an additional discouragement to would-be fenceclimbers.

You could weave them but then you would have to trim them every two weeks to keep them under control.
You can use Round up as a reasonable control but it will be a war of attrition. I used ground clear(triox) and they still came back! Constant pulling and digging them up is the other option without herbicides.
If you spray, spray on a hot day. It will work better and faster.
Did I mention I hate wild blackberries on my property? :rage:

Miss 1929

I have been using this new non-toxic spray made with concentrated oil of cloves, it seems to help. But blackberries are a law unto themselves. You can definitely weave them into the fence and each other, it will just mean a lot of upkeep. Watch out for them touching the ground anywhere, they put out roots and then you have a whole 'nother vine to contend with.

Bruce Wayne

Diamondback said:

Cut the bush off about three inches from the ground & use a hand held propane torch to burn the stub. Keep a 5 gallon bucket of water handy with a turned on hose nearby just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy